Ironman 4x4 recovery points installation - what am I missing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Random question--anyone know where you can source one of these 60mm nut plates separately? Ironman has not responded to my queries and I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Random question--anyone know where you can source one of these 60mm nut plates separately? Ironman has not responded to my queries and I can't seem to find them anywhere.
My recovery points used the factory frame nut plates. There is a plate included in the kit that is for a Nissan Patrol, and not intended to be used on the Land Cruiser.

My recovery points used the factory frame nut plates. There is a plate included in the kit that is for a Nissan Patrol, and not intended to be used on the Land Cruiser.

Thanks. I am aware. The captive nuts on one of my frame rails popped loose and I'm hoping to use a nut plate to allow installation of a recovery point on that side.

I guess I don’t care for the red paint but it’s there for a reason
Size difference shown in the picture here. The Ironman points are way beefier. As someone said above, the stock points are sufficient to tie down the vehicle, but when you use a snatch strap, the force exerted on these is more than the factory points can take. The elasticity of a snatch strap allows the force to build up and then “surge” to get vehicles unstuck, and this surge can only safely be handled by the Ironman points.

Additionally, I think they are red so that they can easily be identified as the recovery point. It should even stand out when the vehicle has been in the mud.

B04DF177-2980-4301-9745-1753001D85F2.jpeg

If you haven’t gotten some yet, I didn’t use them in my install (100 series), so you can have them. Send me a PM.

Picked up a set on sale, these things are beefy!
I'm stuck on the driver side install, the instructions are a bit unclear and not model specific. There's a supplied "nut plate" they say to side inside the chassis rail, and the nuts on the plate are a different size than the hole/thread in the frame itself. There's also a weird bar sticking out of the plate that appears to be a spacer but the spacing is slightly off.

Do I need this plate at all, or can I just bolt it right to the frame like the passenger side? Attached are pics of the passenger side, instructions, plate next to frame, and frame holes.

2006 LX470 if it helps.

Any help/guidance is appreciated!

View attachment 2429482

View attachment 2429483

View attachment 2429484

View attachment 2429485
when i try to install mine i was having hard time threading 1 bolt in (inside bolt) is that normal? I dont want to force it

when i try to install mine i was having hard time threading 1 bolt in (inside bolt) is that normal? I dont want to force it

Run a 14x1.5 tap or chaser through it. The existing bolts get a bit rusty on the exposed threads sitting in the frame and can square the threads on the nut plates. One of my rears was a bit wonky a few weeks ago. Running a bolt through it won't solve it.

Run a 14x1.5 tap or chaser through it. The existing bolts get a bit rusty on the exposed threads sitting in the frame and can square the threads on the nut plates. One of my rears was a bit wonky a few weeks ago. Running a bolt through it won't solve it.
What is chaser means? Sorry

You can just google tap and die set. And then choose a set that has the right tap in it.
Here’s a random google pic

IMG_8327.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom