Iron man shocks bottom bushing replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone replace the Lower bottom bushings on a set of iron man foam shocks. Inquiring on ease of diy.

Anyone replace the Lower bottom bushings on a set of iron man foam shocks. Inquiring on ease of diy.
Funny enough I just received a set of lower replacement bushings for my front FCP shocks. I was getting rattling over bumps and was able to move the shock in the LCA pocket. The guy at Ironman was perplexed and told me he had never sold a set of those replacement bushings in the 3 years he had been there. Sent me a set for free btw

Pulled everything out yesterday and the bushings looked great. Zero issues. What I discovered is that the LCA pocket is ever so slightly larger than the FCP shock. When torqued to spec there was still a gap. I ended up putting it back in, lowering the truck down and hitting both sides with my cordless impact. No more rattling!

Hopefully this helps. Looking at them while out I would assume you would need a press to get the old out and new in.

Funny enough I just received a set of lower replacement bushings for my front FCP shocks. I was getting rattling over bumps and was able to move the shock in the LCA pocket. The guy at Ironman was perplexed and told me he had never sold a set of those replacement bushings in the 3 years he had been there. Sent me a set for free btw

Pulled everything out yesterday and the bushings looked great. Zero issues. What I discovered is that the LCA pocket is ever so slightly larger than the FCP shock. When torqued to spec there was still a gap. I ended up putting it back in, lowering the truck down and hitting both sides with my cordless impact. No more rattling!

Hopefully this helps. Looking at them while out I would assume you would need a press to get the old out and new in.
Thanks man! Damn to hear that they’ll need to be pressed in which means shock likely removed. I’ve got a s*** ton of play in my regular foam cells and they sent me a replacement bushing set but I really didn’t want to have to pay to have them taken off. Was hoping to do it right on the truck with lower bolt removed

The shocks are super easy to take out. 1 nut at the top and the lower bolt that goes through the shock. You dont have to remove anything else to get them out.
Thanks man! Damn to hear that they’ll need to be pressed in which means shock likely removed. I’ve got a s*** ton of play in my regular foam cells and they sent me a replacement bushing set but I really didn’t want to have to pay to have them taken off. Was hoping to do it right on the truck with lower bolt remo

My foam cells are doing the same thing. It feels like I've tightened the bolt to holy hell, and it's still rattling. Brand new oem control arms. Thought about adding a washer in there, but yours stopped when you hit it with the impact?

My foam cells are doing the same thing. It feels like I've tightened the bolt to holy hell, and it's still rattling. Brand new oem control arms. Thought about adding a washer in there, but yours stopped when you hit it with the impact?
I actually just got back from a camping trip yesterday. 5 hours to the lake an hour of which was up a dirt road. 5 days of off roading in the Okanogan National Forrest and then Monday same 5 hour drive home. No rattling coming from the coil overs anymore.

Ironman sent me new bushings but when I removed the coilovers the bushings were fine. Put everything back, lowered the truck onto the ground and just hit the lower bolts with a Milwaukee cordless impact. Problem seems to be solved. I origionally thought I would pop a washer in there but its actually a very small gap. Couldnt find a washer small enough.

Here is a video I took to send to Ironman. Unmute the video and you can hear how loud it was. Both sides were like this.

I actually just got back from a camping trip yesterday. 5 hours to the lake an hour of which was up a dirt road. 5 days of off roading in the Okanogan National Forrest and then Monday same 5 hour drive home. No rattling coming from the coil overs anymore.

Ironman sent me new bushings but when I removed the coilovers the bushings were fine. Put everything back, lowered the truck onto the ground and just hit the lower bolts with a Milwaukee cordless impact. Problem seems to be solved. I origionally thought I would pop a washer in there but its actually a very small gap. Couldnt find a washer small enough.

Here is a video I took to send to Ironman. Unmute the video and you can hear how loud it was. Both sides were like this.

Was the solution to torque it much more with the impact? New bushings?

Did you use Loctite on the lower bolt initially?

Was the solution to torque it much more with the impact? New bushings?

Did you use Loctite on the lower bolt initially?

I didnt replace the bushings or use loctite. All I did was hit it with the impact to take up the small gap in the pocket where the shock sits. I think the Ironman shock bushings are just slightly narrower than the OEM ones. When I origionally installed them I torqued all bolts to factory spec.

New rear bushings are in. Still low rider s*** goin on. Think the shocks are shot.

Yes my rig is crusty. But here is a picture of the same shocks reinstalled with the new bushing and new bottom bolt washer. Manual specified torque spec. Do I need to tighten the ever loving s*** out of it to compress the bushing a eliminate any space gap in the bottom mount area
FD3400D8-A7CC-4A6C-9EFE-C0D1F927F959.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom