iPad Mount V2: Strong, No-Drill, Vibration-Free $26 :) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ha! ... Yes..... been off-road several times now. It is great. It is now a permanent fixture in the car ....

If my dash was like yours, I’d do something similar to that.

For 2008-2012 though, it’s great having it literally ON the dash. Almost looks built in

For me, I don’t use the Cd drive anyway, and CD buttons are the only items it blocks.
Not sure about 13-15...

Hmmm... It may bump up against the steering wheel ....-but I guess you could use an extension arm to relo the iPad mount itself so you only have the airbag wedged in on the driver's side ....
I’m looking to use it for my iPhone XS. The huge added bonus is blocking the void between the seat and center console. I’m having a hard time finding something I like for the phone. All the stick on s*** falls off why it gets to hot.

I’m looking to use it for my iPhone XS. The huge added bonus is blocking the void between the seat and center console. I’m having a hard time finding something I like for the phone. All the stick on s*** falls off why it gets to hot.

I agree that top-dash sticky stuff is hopeless.
But... The units in my OP works as shown.
—The secret to the stick on stuff in my OP example that actually stays rock solid is:

-Use a **heat gun** to severely HEAT the adhesive before applying to the dash. Also...and direction matters of the mounts I used matters.

Since doing this heat trick?
-Mine are rock solid after two years at all temperature extremes, even with my iPad left mounted literally 24/7.

VHB will stick very well to smooth surfaces like our dash plastic and trim. Not so much the textured surfaces of a dash top where the actual surface area is much less when you consider how little the thin VHB can compress to hit those contours.

Someone with some 3D printing abilities could probably make blocks that contour to the 16+ dash to make feet for the wiz gear parts. I hope to do this eventually to add a third wizgear foot for the ipad mini setup in my DD.

VHB will stick very well to smooth surfaces like our dash plastic and trim. Not so much the textured surfaces of a dash top where the actual surface area is much less when you consider how little the thin VHB can compress to hit those contours.

Someone with some 3D printing abilities could probably make blocks that contour to the 16+ dash to make feet for the wiz gear parts. I hope to do this eventually to add a third wizgear foot for the ipad mini setup in my DD.

Ya, I long ago gave up on the sticky, or suction-based mounts on the bumpy dash...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom