Invisible 25 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was out for a drive and it just snuck up on me...followed me home it did...I should stay in the garage.
P7150002.JPG
P7150003.JPG
P7150006.JPG

Teaser shots, sorry, more in a bit, I'm on the road again today.

Nice on there Phil. I hadn't noticed it was a soft top before..........the camo distracted me. :D

Nice turn signal stalk too.;) Were all those steering "mods" intentional? :hillbilly:

first dibs on those soft top doors;) oops sorry wrong thread, "no but seriously" 1st dibs huh:hmm:

nice find:beer:

is that turn signal worth duplicating?

seriously though, has anyone taken on the turn signal arm project. I'm running out of projects to flop on.

I'm not giving up on the bumper, there are too many other shops here in Tucson to visit with still.

I'm also going ahead with the OEM tail light lense reproduction, and am heavily investing into the early 40 dual lense front signal reproduction (seriously)since there are so many people interested;)

sorry for the hijack

Last edited:
that's the one I saw coming home on friday, going west on 90. on a trailer. didn't realize it was a 25 i thought it was a 40.

there was a 75 series trayback about 5 miles ahead of you, on a trailer also.

you going to be gone for long this week?

So did you know about this one before I Pmed you about it? If not I want a finders fee. For those who didn't know this was on SOR's for sale section. Didn't hurt it was in Phil's backyard.

So did you know about this one before I Pmed you about it? If not I want a finders fee. Didn't hurt it was in Phil's backyard, and 3_pups was on the road instead of Phil for a change.

Yep John, you the man! What's the fee, a '62 40? I spit hot coffee out my nose and got the truck n trailer ready. This one had been for sale about a year ago, 3_pups had tried to scout it out but the owner withdrew it after one too many "MPG" questions. Sad thing is...it had the original rims then...

I'm a bit worried, you guys missed or nobody mentioned the oddball item in the pics...

Yep John, you the man! What's the fee, a '62 40? ...

I'm a bit worried, you guys missed or nobody mentioned the oddball item in the pics...

The 62 will work just fine. Meet you at Moab next year to pick it up:rolleyes:

I know there are a lot more items but the custom gas cap and hurst shifter on the wrong side for the transfer case caught my eye.

Last edited:
Since there are probably 25 people who know what an FJ25 is suppose to look like, I'm just guessing.

The carburetor on the driverside floorboard is not correct for that year.

The steering linkage looks a bit bent.

Wrong transmission, and tranny hump. (Didn't they have vacuum stuff back them.

Missing the rust in the rear crago area.

Windshield holddown clamps look unusual.

Since there are probably 25 people who know what an FJ25 is suppose to look like, I'm just guessing.

The carburetor on the driverside floorboard is not correct for that year.

The steering linkage looks a bit bent.

Wrong transmission, and tranny hump. (Didn't they have vacuum stuff back them.

Missing the rust in the rear crago area.

Windshield holddown clamps look unusual.

Two barrel carb is wrong.

Steering linkage is bent but Cruiser_Nerd already posted that.

Transmission and hump are correct. 4WD shifter and hand brake handle should be where the plate on the left side is covered. No vacuum shifter on FJ25s and only single speed transfer. It's the in and out of 4WD shifter that's incorrect. Now I have to look and see if I spot if it has a hand brake handle mounted on the bottom of dash like the pre 79 FJ40s.

Wrong transmission, QUOTE]

Yep, the trans is a GM unit, the "pre SM 420" from the 40s/50s...mated to a 25 transfer. Nearly worth the price of admission to see how a PO did it, I thought the tailshaft was too short and the splines were too different to mate the two...

I like the way things follow you guys home...I must be taking the wrong way when I go home, as I find nothing :crybaby: At least now I know what to tell my wife the next time a new cruiser is parked outside..."it just followed me home :meh: " ...seems to work well for you guys.

Great deal Phil :beer:...too bad about those rims though.

How long was this on SOR? I must have checked twice last week and did not even see it :eek:

How long was this on SOR? I must have checked twice last week and did not even see it :eek:

Now I know I going to need that finders fee. How about some pictures of that 62.

Dean I think it was on a day maybe one day before I informed Phil. Then it was all about location location location. When Phil posted in chat about his original find I didn't think this was it but I thought I would ask in a PM so as not to spoil a surprise.

I'd like to see that too. It didn't look like the tailshafts would swap, :confused: Extra low first gear...................:D

Yep, the trans is a GM unit, the "pre SM 420" from the 40s/50s...mated to a 25 transfer. Nearly worth the price of admission to see how a PO did it, I thought the tailshaft was too short and the splines were too different to mate the two...

Wrong transmission, QUOTE]

Your right the top of the transmission looks to narrow for the 25 tranny. But at least it's in the right spot for the tranny hump. I would like to see how linkage for the transfer. I would of thought it would have been just as easy to use the bracket off the old transmission rather than cutting off. Would really like to see how some one mated the early two speed transfer to a FJ25 transmission. John III said he seen one once.

So what yard are the seats out of?

Teaser shots, sorry, more in a bit, I'm on the road again today.

Well it's been a bit. How about some more pictures. Would like to see some of the pre SM40 tranny to OEM transfer case.

Phil PM some pictures of you early FJ40s. How many do you have? Your going to have close out sale on you FJ40s right:rolleyes:

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom