intro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^^^^ X2. What did you get into? That bumper is gorgeous. I've been curious about the build of the "alloy" bumper. is it aluminum? are the top hoops aluminum also? in the picture they look to be welded on.
I would really like this bumper, but without the hoops.
No roos' in Arizona ;)

If the motor is toast, there are some crazy guys in the mid east running a bored/stroked 6.2 liter monster......

It's not the speed that kills ya'; it's the sudden stop.......

Last edited:
my service and parts manager here said its sounds like bull**** but apparently its pretty common, as they class as a wear and tear item and they only have to restore it to the condition it was in but there are no second hnd engines in australia as there arent many lx570s or tundras sold here. i just wish theyd pay out in full or repair on full

so providing the labour cost is reasonable and fits my bidhet, the engine will be rebuilt using ppm forged pistons, ppm forged rods, darton MID wet design cylidet liners, and all new ppm hardware. may have jeads skimmed to bump up compression too.

reason for forged internals is i like the red line hahahaha

will keep you all updated

Pics of the build if you can. I have had the heart transplant done due to dealer negligence.

WP_20150728_001.jpg

its finally here, completely remanufactured 3urfe from go-powertrain in virginia, any of you guys in need of an engine in the states i highly recommend the team at go-powertrain

to those wondering, it was a river crossing that id done only 1 month prior in the same car, just this week leading up to the monumental fxxx up, we had 60mm of rain and when it rains in this area the rivers rise rapidly. i made the school boy error of not checking the depth since 1 month nefore it barely came over the hubs.

bonnet whent under and engine started coughing but ran just long enough to make it through then a loud clanking noise started and stopped after a few seconds and...... dead

hey guys, so remanufactired engine is in and running but has a slight knocking sound from the back of the engine, mainly at idle. its intermitment like runs then knocks 3-5 times then runs for few seconds and syarts knocking again

tjm airtec snorkel and 3mm steel skid plates being fitted thursday, once they are done will be adding second battery and dc-dc charger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom