Intro and build w/pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We'll try this and see what happens.

To begin with I have been a Jeep guy for a really really long time. These are the Jeeps I had prior to the LC.
DSC00981.JPG

1980 CJ-5, 31s, rhino lined interior, Iron Duke and slooooooooow

Then this
jeep.JPG

1997 TJ, 33's, 4 banger, and still sloooooooooow

Then I had this for awhile when my wife didn't want it anymore
DSC01975.JPG

2002 KJ or Liberty

Then:
DSC_3916.JPG

I really liked this one, 2007 JKU Sahara edition, 33's again, 4.07s in the rear from the factory, power windows and door locks in a Jeep!?!?, and my first time having Weathertec mats. I drove this one a lot and put a bunch of miles on it.

View attachment 1419802

Last edited:
Then we had monkey #2 on the way and needed 4 seats so I went back to a Jeep
IMG-20120930-00475.jpg

As you can see I'm a real practical guy... 2002 TJ Sahara, D44 and 4.10s again, 31's. I drove this one for 5+ years until last September when it was in an accident and totaled. Boo...

My wife is a SAHM (stay at home mom) and since she does most of the kiddo duties I was able to get this. Which some of you put 2+2 together on, and realized I traded for the LC:
IMG_3269.JPG

1983 CJ7, lots of work by the PO, 4.2 w/4.0 head and FI, Dana 300, 33's again, a/c, etc. This was probably my favorite Jeep. So on Friday I traded the Jeep to a fellow who was on here, but who I found on the Expedition Portal for my current ride

IMG_0542.JPG

Here you can see the front bumper damage but I talked to a local guy who did work on my old CJ cage and asked if he could build me a bumper...
IMG_0543.JPG

And that's pretty much it for the 4wd vehicles.

Last edited:
Lastly, I currently have a this one:

IMG_0529.JPG

1942 Willys MBT. I still have the stock axle and wheels. I just swapped in axle with the same width and bolt pattern as the white TJ I had last. I really want to make a full camping trailer, but I can't bring myself to cut (more than the PO did) or weld anything to the Willys.

Last edited:
nice , what year and mileage and what are your plans for it ? Head to GSMTR coming up ..

GSMTR? Great Smokey Mtn Trail Run?

Plans are for it to be the family camping hauler, and fishing/hunting buggy. So my main thing is to get it ready and use the snot out of it this spring summer.

Maintenance:
- General cleaning of carpets
- leather cleaning 3-13-17
- Any PM issues that haven't been addressed
- Front diff
- rear diff. 3-18-17
- Transmission
- Transfer case 3-18-17
- power steering fluid
- heater t's. 3-18-17

Suspension:
- It has the OME lift and 295/70/18s on it. Which is a good height for us. I'm gonna run the Nittos until they wear out. I've always been a BFG AT guy so we'll see.
- And it needs a new cv boot on one side

Armor:
- New front bumper (local guy is going to do that)
- New rear bumper with tire carrier (same guy but later down the road
- And whenever the bumpers are on I'll probably pain the trim pieces.

Interior:
- Stock radio and antenna work, but CD player doesn't. I can deal with that for now while I spend the money on other stuff.
- Tailgate cover, I really like that one that is made of cutting board material, but that is further down the line
- Weather tech for the rear passengers (it has the front ones already)

That's what I already have in my head. I'm sure there will be more down the road.

Last edited:
IMG_0571.JPG
IMG_0569.JPG
IMG_0570.JPG
IMG_0569.JPG

Is this a leaking cv boot? I've never seen anything that color under a vehicle, and it is right above the cv boot.

Is this a leaking cv boot? I've never seen anything that color under a vehicle, and it is right above the cv boot.
Yup, sure is. It may just be the picture, but it looks like one of the bellows in the boot is split (just to the left of the hose clamp).

Thanks for confirming. I thought it was based on location, but as a newb owner needed confirmation. Funny is, I didn't notice the split while underneath but I could clearly see it in the pic after I posted it.

IMG_3352.JPG
IMG_3355.JPG
First project done. Heater T's replaced this morning, both broke as I tried to remove them.

And she also got new windshield wiper blades.

Last edited:
Well, I found both cv boots ripped, one looks like it has been split open for a long time. The other is the one I took pics of and posted earlier. Dang.

O well gonna go ahead and do the other fluids and the research and order parts to do the boots

IMG_0567.JPG
IMG_0568.JPG

Is there a trick for cleaning out the bubbly look from the shifter?

And does anybody know what you call this little plastic square behind the door handle? The passenger side one is broken.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom