Intermittently sputtering 3B. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 60 series 3B started sputtering randomly the other day while I was at the gas station. Didn’t insist for three days until now when I was driving on the highway and it started sputtering really intermittently every 2-3 minutes. feels like the fuel cuts out for a second as if there is an air bubble in there and then continues however, doesn’t stall. Seems fuel related. Could it be the filter or the sedimenter? I put a small amount of sea foam in the tank the other day, maybe 1/4 of a can. I have never replaced either of them.

Its possibly the EDIC cycling.. does it happen more when the headlights are on?

You could pop the EDIC arm off and drive around for a while to confirm.. if the problem disappears its EDIC related.

Whilst the EDIC arm is off you'll have to stall the vehicle to stop the engine.

That seafoam could have loosened up gunk in the tank. I would replace the filter and check the sedimenter. Even if its not the problem, the filter should always be changed after using fuel system cleaners.
It may very well be air.

you put in seafoam and now it's sputtering? Or was the seafoam after it started sputtering?

If before, like Rosco, that's floating crap.

I'd change the filter, and sediment filter.

The edic (fuel start and shut off system) may be causing it. But it could be the low oil pressure switch, either malfunctioning or an actually oil pressure fluctuation. You have proper oil level in the engine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom