Intermittent nonstart and vgrs light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New to me 2004 lx470 in pretty good shape. New battery from PO last few months. Twice now has refused to start on first turn of key, first time gave a click like it was going to try, then started fine. Second time really no click and while truck shut down acting like the battery was out of the truck. Restarted on second try, after I opened the door and closed again. Clock is reset on the center console this time. Both times VGRS light was blinking and went out after a little driving. No codes on obdII reader. Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

VGRS light usually lights up after a battery swap (or loss of battery power), and goes away after a little driving.

The "no start" could be worn starter contacts, or a loose battery connection.

The two combined, (plus the blinking clock) and the fact that it just recently had the battery swap, sounds like a loss of battery power and would have me looking for a loose (or dirty) battery terminal or connection.

VGRS light usually lights up after a battery swap (or loss of battery power), and goes away after a little driving.

The "no start" could be worn starter contacts, or a loose battery connection.

The two combined, (plus the blinking clock) and the fact that it just recently had the battery swap, sounds like a loss of battery power and would have me looking for a loose (or dirty) battery terminal or connection.
Thanks man this is exactly what I was looking for. The VGRS blink was what was bothering me, good to know it's common after battery disconnect. I think it's a loose + terminal connection.

Good rule of thumb is to always clean your contacts whenever you remove them from the battery post. I just replaced the battery in my dad's truck last month and had the same issue - I didn't clean the contacts of the ground and it had a finnicky partial connection that visually "looked fine"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom