Interior Firewall Insulation Pad Thingy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Maybe I'm not typing in the right words but I've tried everything I can think of in the search and on Google and still I've found nothing:
1. firewall insulation
2. firewall pad
3. interior firewall pad
4. front floor insulation

You get the idea....

Can somebody please help me with the proper name of the pad that is clipped to the interior portion of the firewall? It's behind the dash, heater core, etc... A part number would be even better. I need to replace mine because some mice decided to make a home out of it.

Or the other question is, would I be fine just replacing it with peel and stick insulation?

Thanks in advance for the help!

@cdan can help with the part. Many have used DynoMat Heat block or @mmw68 's CruiserCrap or Second Skin heat barrier there. Typically with better results than factory.

That's kind of what I was thinking. The factory stuff was only so so anyways. Thanks for the info!

PS - if you do use "Peal and Stick" Make sure it's a high heat version. Any of the major brands will work, and so will my product. Good old fashioned peel and stick roofing material is not high heat.

Yeah, no, I wouldn't ever use roofing material in the cab of my truck. I could ony imagine how awful the out gassing would be.

"Firewall heat shield" worked wonders in the google search. Thanks for the help!

There is a great product, that is waffle aluminum, with a peel and stick backing. Very high heat, and people are even using it on the underside of transmission tunnels. It would be a great product for you to use, I'll see if I can dig up the link.

"Firewall heat shield" worked wonders in the google search. Thanks for the help!

Try reading up on the MSD sheets for all of these products. You may find that both the rubber body and the adhesives are basically the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom