Insurance Opinions... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, so we're considering changing our car insurance. Anyone care to share their opinions about their/any insurance companies? Who would you use??

i wouldnt use allstate. again. . .

progressive did a great job handling the claim on my WRX. called me enough times to be annoying. and didnt balk or flick us any s*** over the claim. unlike allstate.

its all the same game. you give them money cuz its the law, and when you need them they try to not pay.

My feelings exactly. It's nothing but extortion. I had a relatively spotless record in over 30 years of driving. An occasional minor ticket for 10 mph over the limit and nothing at all for almost 10 years, and NEVER any insurance claim whatsoever. Then, over 2 years ago now(Nov 2008) on the day I learned Daphne had cancer I rear ended someone when I took off from a stop and the car in front of me hadn't gone as I expected. I was in 1st gear and caused minor damage to both cars(both of which had liability only). That accident has now come back to haunt me with greatly increased rates- because they say"I had a claim". What fxxxing Bull****! And gnob you're right, they treat you like a complete criminal and like you HAVE to pay them more because, well, you know-you have to have insurance- it's the LAW! What crap! I've always been honest in my dealings with people and companies my whole life but I'm now tempted to do what so many people I know do- LIE! Yep, why not? I'm gonna due what the insurance companies all do- lie, cheat, misrepresent the facts, why not? 30+ years of NO CLAIMS and 1 little fender bender and I'm a huge risk! Assholes!

OK, ....feel better........;p

I may or maynot have sun an FJ cruiser Got a new motor, Ecu half an interior and MORE! and my rates at geico didnt go up but like 15 a month...

trust me chris that is my short version. IMO insurance companies are one of the main reasons this country is s***ting the bed.

I had Geico and didn't have a problem with them but eventually got kicked off for having 2 10mph over tickets in like 3 years. Then I had Progressive which was good until I got married for the first time but she had a bad record so they kicked me off. Have had State Farm in the past but they are super expensive. Currently I am with Country Financial and they have low rates and good coverage. Been with them for 3 years now and have had no problems. They have an office behind Costco.

Personally, I like Farmers Insurance. However, you need to make sure you have a great agent! Speaking of which, the Farmers agency I work for happens to be one of the best agencies in the country... Let me know if you would like a qoute. :cheers:

um, i hope your kidding about being an agent

um, i hope your kidding about being an agent

Chad Holznagel
Holznagel Insurance Agency, Inc.
Farmers Insurance Group of Companies

Safeco Insurance is working well for me and my nagivator. They have the best rates for us. If you are interested, contact me at.......Just kidding. :lol: I'm not an agent. Really, I'm not. Don't look at me like that!!! :mad: I'm sorry. I'll never make that joke again.:bang:

Safeco Insurance is working well for me and my nagivator. They have the best rates for us. If you are interested, contact me at.......Just kidding. :lol: I'm not an agent. Really, I'm not. Don't look at me like that!!! :mad: I'm sorry. I'll never make that joke again.:bang:

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh Your killN me SMALLZ!!!!

FYI. I am in no way affiliated other than being a customer. Have any of you tried Wawanesa?
I have good record and good rates for full coverage.

OK, maybe somebody can answer this question: Between my wife and I, in over 60 years of driving between the 2 of us, very very few tickets, aspecially lately, and only one minor fender bender that was my fault- between two insured drivers with liability only. So why aren't the insurance companies pulling out all the stops to sign us up for car insurance??? After all, wouldn't that be considered a driving record to be proud of?? And Chad, since I don't really know you and you apparently do this for a living I'd like to hear what you say about your comment about how a great rate"takes a great insurance agent". Why should it? Something that is required by law-giving insurance agents a "captive clientele" should not be an open invitation to take advantage of people in there quest for the best insurance coverage? Insurance payments are now for us what actual car payments were when I started driving. And they're getting hard to swallow. :crybaby:

It's not the bottom dollar that makes it important to have a good agent. It is knowing that you are getting the best value for your dollar without over or under insuring. Your needs with insurance change and the insurance industry changes. Having someone that understands that and has your best interest in mind is where that becomes important. The ends and outs of insurance is actually very confusing and it (unfortunately) is very easy for the average consumer to get screwed.

As for me, of course I would love to write a policy for all of you guys and get that commission. It's how I feed my family and pay my bills. However, that is not my main focus. It's a by-product of doing my job. I want to make sure that my clients are well taken care of. Paying for insurance sucks. Paying out of pocket because you don't have enough insurance is a double kick to the nuts!

Thanks Chad. You've got my PM, Chris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom