Instrument cluster rebuild/problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dgangle

total rice
Threads
I recently removed and disassembled my 9/75 US spec FJ40 instrument cluster to paint the faded needles, clean the interior glass, paint the outer trim/bezel and do the 5W bulb upgrade. It was in decent shape with no rust or issues. I was extremely patient and careful through the whole process.

After reassembly and installation I am now having two problems. I have researched and read many posts (thansk bj40green Rudi) and videos but none address my problems.

1. High beam indicator does not work. I verified the bulb is good and cluster is grounded. I also verified 12VDC to the specific terminal on the round multi-pin connector on the rear of the cluster coming from the hi/low selector on the turn signal arm. Close inspection of the printed circuit board shows no visible issues.

2. Fuel gauge does not work. Verified 12VDC to power terminal for gauge on back of the cluster. Removed/verified sending unit has ~ 17Ohms at FULL and 120Ohms at EMPTY. I verified the gas sending unit is grounded and has the 12vDC "pulse" on a digital voltmeter and test light.

Anyone have a clean 3rd Gen (9/72-12/78) cluster to sell?

Helpful ideas and things to check are most appreciated!

Dave

3AE05FFD-FE8B-458B-BC14-DE7D76B3E03C.jpeg

818-953-9230 to follow up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom