Instructions for LED Headlight upgrade (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I want to thank all of you, I used all the information here to create what a was looking for. I really wanted leds but I don’t like the look of them on the fj62 I think it just doesn’t go together, so I went with holley retrobright they look very similar to factory making a much nice light on my opinion, then a wanted all 4 light on low beam on and all 4 on high beam on as well, I was worry that was going to be too much for the one high beam plug to handle so I went with two relay’s one controlled by positive to control the low beam for all 4 lights making a crossover wire and one controlled by ground for the high beam same as the other with a wire going to the other side to control all 4 lights with just two relay’s. I got all the signal from the passenger side high beam since is closest to the battery and all the wiring is made on 12ga wire that should be plenty. Today I might start messing with the high been indicator.

Some pictures
View attachment 3309428

High beam
View attachment 3309429

Low beam
View attachment 3309430
This is exactly what I'm looking for. Would you mind sharing some pics of the wiring harnesses you made?

I want to thank all of you, I used all the information here to create what a was looking for. I really wanted leds but I don’t like the look of them on the fj62 I think it just doesn’t go together, so I went with holley retrobright they look very similar to factory making a much nice light on my opinion, then a wanted all 4 light on low beam on and all 4 on high beam on as well, I was worry that was going to be too much for the one high beam plug to handle so I went with two relay’s one controlled by positive to control the low beam for all 4 lights making a crossover wire and one controlled by ground for the high beam same as the other with a wire going to the other side to control all 4 lights with just two relay’s. I got all the signal from the passenger side high beam since is closest to the battery and all the wiring is made on 12ga wire that should be plenty. Today I might start messing with the high been indicator.

Some pictures
View attachment 3309428

High beam
View attachment 3309429

Low beam
View attachment 3309430
Nice one! I guess I was hoping to get a look at your wire setup for the Holley headlights as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom