installing Aqualu tub, pics?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have some pics of where to cut the cowl exactly, and with the tub mated up? searched a bunch on the forum but didn't find much.
Thanks!

The '81 body does not mount up exactly the same way my '78 did, but the process should be similar.

To see where I cut mine, check out post # 21 of this thread:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/273976-78-resto-using-parts-u-s-can-aus-b-c-2.html

You have an additional piece of metal in front of the door that will need to be cut.

If you send my a private message with your address, I'll mail you a copy of the official Aquala installation dvd. It shows exactly where to cut the '81.

EDIT: My son said he can e-mail just the one section of the dvd that pertains to what you are looking for.

This is great stuff! Thanks!

Caddisfly - I sent you a PM with my address.

Attached is a pic of the marriage of my Aqualu with my 78 Cowl. I left about 6 or 8 inches on the floor board of my cowl to connect to the tub. If you look close you can see where the Aqualu tub bolts to the floor board. PM me if you have more questions, I'd be happy to help.

The real challenge comes if your going to use your factory hardtop:bang:
Aualu Tub Fitting.jpg

Last edited:
EDIT: My son said he can e-mail just the one section of the dvd that pertains to what you are looking for.

This comment made me smile. You know your getting ancient when your son knows more computer tech than you!

I'm not laughing at you, but with you...;)

U will need clamps and we used 2x4's to get the edges even... I am talking about the Where the rockers meet the cowl

Good points. I had to use a porta power to spread the cowl and tub at times. I also had to slot a few of the holes in the tub slightly to get the "perfect" fit. Good luck.

The real challenge comes if your going to use your factory hardtop:bang:

Mine wasn't that bad. I say this after it's all said and done. I do remember having more than a few choice words for some bolts/screws/etc. Part of my problem was using the fiberglass cap from a '78 and having to modify it to fit the '74 windshield.

On a side note, Aquala has awesome customer service. I purchased a used tailgate from a member that needed a few minor parts. Called Aquala and they sent the parts free - shipping and all. Good people!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom