Installed Vaistech SL3b on 05 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I installed mine under the carpet along the transmission tunnel on the passenger side.

I'm specifically looking not to put it in the glovebox, I have maps, flashlights etc in there and I would like to keep it out of the way. From what I can see, JohnnyUtah put it in the glovebox.

My bad, I posted in a hurry and grabbed the wrong one. I put mine in the center vent to the left of the nav, just used some double sided velcro to hold it in place. There is a photo somewhere on the site that someone else did that worked pretty awesome. I was thinking the post earlier did that, but I just realized it was the wrong post.

apologies.

My bad, I posted in a hurry and grabbed the wrong one. I put mine in the center vent to the left of the nav, just used some double sided velcro to hold it in place. There is a photo somewhere on the site that someone else did that worked pretty awesome. I was thinking the post earlier did that, but I just realized it was the wrong post.

apologies.

No harm no foul, I'm leaning towards that spot, I saw that picture of the one mounted behind the left vent so that's probably what I'll end up doing.

Has anyone used the VaisTech on 2002 LC with Nav? They told me it is only good with 2003 and later models.
Any other ideas for getting blue tooth integration on 2002 LC?

Installed the VaisTech on my '04 this evening--- easy, as promised. My only complaint is now on initial key turn every time there's a long loud head unit beep (2-3 sec) followed by a series of 4-5 short beeps. Does this happen for everyone else? If so, that's going to be extremely annoying every time I start the vehicle.

Tried all the different modes on the device, changing settings through the head unit, and also starting without any device connected... Still getting the beeps.

Any workarounds?

Last edited:
Installed the VaisTech on my '04 this evening--- easy, as promised. My only complaint is now on initial key turn every time there's a long loud head unit beep (2-3 sec) followed by a series of 4-5 short beeps. Does this happen for everyone else? If so, that's going to be extremely annoying every time I start the vehicle.

Tried all the different modes on the device, changing settings through the head unit, and also starting without any device connected... Still getting the beeps. Only time no beeping is if starting while the device is in USE mode.

Any workarounds?

Sounds like you're still in emulation mode selection - ie, MD Changer Emulation Mode vs CD Changer Emulation Mode. There are some steps in the manual for this.

Sounds like you're still in emulation mode selection - ie, MD Changer Emulation Mode vs CD Changer Emulation Mode. There are some steps in the manual for this.

Conveniently glossed over that bit while scouring the manual last night. Working perfectly now---thanks. :beer:

Can you post a picture? I forget what mine looked like, but it basically installs in line I believe.

I believe it installs in line. You unplug one end from the factory head unit and plug into the SL3 harness and then plug that back into the oem head unit.

@November Sun Nice! It's a great unit!! Also configured mine to automatically get rid of the warning screen when starting the truck.

I just finished installing the "SL3B-L SoundLinQ3 Bluetooth" into my 2005 LX470 with DVD changer. I used the "MD Installation mode". Took two tries, but then worked and all is well. Also got the "I Agree" bypass working as well (as suggested above, just have to _not_ have a Bluetooth device connected while following the instructions to enable/disable the bypass.) I actually had no idea it had the "I Agree" bypass function, but IMO, that is hands down one of the best features of this module and makes me ecstatic about choosing this model.

Also wanted to post where I installed mine as my glove box space is too precious to give up for this thing (I wont be using the usb port on it and wont need any regular access to it) and I'm super lazy and didnt want to go tearing anything else apart to hide it. So i velcroed it to a metal dash support just to the left side of air vent on the left side of the display unit. Fit like a champ with cable facing towards the front of the vehicle and routed up and over to the head unit.

20171227_150228.jpg
20171227_150225.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom