Inside window fans (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After no results on a search, posting the question:

Show us your interior window fans

While I have vintage AC hooked to my defrost, I still get side windows and rear windows fogging up. I've started to look for small, preferably long squirrel cage fans I could mount on the roll cage to circulate fresh air across the windows to defog. What have you done?

I don't have a fan or anything fancy, but I do keep an old school felt chalkboard eraser on my dash to wipe condensation off of the inside of my glass. It works wonders on days that I've been skiing.

Not sure if you ever saw this blog - but these guys have taken their rig around the world and have done a pretty great job documenting what they've learned. I wouldn't be surprised if they have something on the fans... either way, its a great read. I really like the old metal style fans they have inside - curious where they got them from..

Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 9.55.02 PM.png

What do you know, they do have a section on it:
We have no aircon and don’t miss it. In Pakistan we bought two small ventilator fans which we fitted above our front seats. They are good for driving in fume-spewing traffic because you can close your windows for a moment without suffocating, or when waiting for traffic lights in the scorching sun. And they are good for sleeping in hot climates too. One fan can be extended with a cord into the roof tent.

In 2014, Hella sent us three 2-Speed Turbo Fans. Two replaced the ones in the front and we added one in the back. We like the two-speed option and how silent they are. We don’t like the fact that they are not closed on the back side so you really have to be careful where you put your fingers!

The newer model has tackled that but only is available in 12 volt. The best part we like is the way they are screwed on and off the fitting piece. No more screwdriver at the ready, just a big knob to screw on there. Love it.
cbw_20141021_ecuador_N0227.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom