INLC 2024 - Event ideas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eric Sarjeant

Ed Martin Toyota (Indianapolis)
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.edmartintoyota.com
TJ and I met last week to brainstorm 2024 event ideas and here is the list. Thoughts? Suggestions? Comments?

1. "Dad's ride" (late January) MEMBER ONLY
    • Duesenberg Museum in Auburn, IN (2 hrs from Noblesville)
    • Bring your dad along!
  2. Sunday drive ... Brown County or maybe all the way to Spencer
    • Lunch (Gray's Brothers?)
  3. Dinner / drinks at West Fork Distillery or Big Hoffas (in Westfield)
  4. Southern Indiana gravel drive
    • maybe camp at Hoosier National Forrest?
  5. Back the Byway (May 9th - 12th)
    • with KYTLCA
  6. GSMTR - Great Smokey Mountain Trail Ride (TLCA Event) (June 13-15)
    • at Windrock OHV park (Knoxville, TN, approx. 6hr drive from Noblesville)
  7. Drive around Lake Michigan (Late June or July) - MEMBER ONLY
    • Drive to the upper peninsula of Michigan over Mackinac bridge and back home
    • Possible ferry to shorten trick
    • camping / airBnB / hotels (5-6 day event)
  8. Back the Byway (Sept 12-15th)
    • with KYTLCA
  9. Hoosier Hoedown @ Badlands Off-Road park + camping at Klumpe (late August / early September)
  10. Yotamobilia at Ed Martin Toyota (late September / early October)
    • Camp at Hoosier National Forrest or Private Property CAMPING FOR MEMBER ONLY
  11. Red Bridge breakfast in Cicero (early November)
  12. Holiday Party (early/mid December) - MEMBER ONLY

I've previously guided trips at LBL, Shawnee and week+ tours of the Georgia Traverse with anywhere from 3-12 trucks for a long weekend up to 10 days depending on the interest. I've accumulated tons of info and can adjust any trip to the needs of those in attendance. I also enjoy doing the research to find accommodating camp sites and POIs along the way. Recently helped show the guys at Southern Swine Soiree around.

I'd be happy to help plan and guide something in 2024.

Last edited:
Im putting an update on rides here. It’s the beginning of the year and I will be working on events. BUT I am making this public service announcement:

These rides need organizers and planners. I personally have other things that I am involved with including other hobbies, family stuff and occasional weekend work. The same goes for Eric. We are happy to be a part of the process but there will be times where Eric and I both won’t be able to do a trip so we need others to volunteer to organize and lead. Most of these trips are nothing difficult. It’s a just a matter of deciding on locations, meet up times, reservations (if needed) and making sure there is a lead and tail gunner to make sure noone is left behind. This is how the club grows. Our vision is that at some point we have a group of people who take care of the club rather than just Eric and I. Once we get out tax exempt status then we can get real official and start collecting dues and donations to maybe offset some of the trip costs. I have done a lot of trip planning over the years so I am happy to help anyone who wants to take on a trip.

Looking at the list above please feel free to reach and say youd like to take care of an event. Even if its putting together a Sunday drive to a cool place you know about!!

Clubs get better with participation so if you have an idea for a trip please let Eric and I know and the process can get underway.

Winter Camp Out coming soon!

I'll throw this out there.

Plenty of time to do the research but this is how far out we've planned our past trips so I'll note it here. August 2025 we will be doing the COBDR and possibly also the NMBDR on the same trip. I've lead trips for the IDBDR and WYBDR in the past. If you haven't read up on these go to www.ridebdr.com and check it out.

2024 is a little bit of a rebuild/retool year (LC100) for me so depending on how quick things get done will get me out, otherwise I can just drive my stock 200 through some places. HNF is certainly a yes, Badlands not so much.

We'd probably like to stick to five vehicles for these trips and anyone in the INLC is welcome. We have two confirmed for this next trip, and yeah one will probably be a Jeep 🤷‍♂️. He did both the IDBDR and WYBDR so a spot is guaranteed if he wants it.

Also, not sure how many are in northwest Indiana but I'm a bit over 2 hours from Indy so if anyone wants to do something local let me know. Three Floyds is supposed to reopen their pub at some point and there are other places to meet for dinner, I just am not sure who else might be around.

Could we get a map plotted or would that be too invasive on privacy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom