Inconsistent power loss (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last week while driving home from the city my 96 LC all of a sudden lost power and wouldn't go above 10 mph or 3000 rpms. I was able to park it and come back the next day and nothing changed. Came back a couple days later to have it towed to goodyear and it started up fine and I was able to drive it to the mechanic. It was there for a few days and it stopped acting up again and they said they weren't able to find a problem. I thought it might be the fuel pump, and while they said it is leaking down and not retaining fuel pressure while off, it wasn't the fuel pump. I was able to drive it home and got it up to 40mph. After letting it sit for a couple days I started it up again to try and troubleshoot and it idled inconsistent between 1000 and 2000 rpms and sputtered when I reved the engine. A friend said his truck had a similar problem and they found an exposed wire on his engine block touching randomly and shorting out. Any body have similar problems? Anything I should look for? I just did a tune up 2 months ago and it's currently sitting at 296,542 miles. Thanks for any feedback guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom