Wanted In Ohio looking to by 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been looking for a few years and have missed out on more 40's than I can count. So I figured I need to join and throw it out to everyone. I'm looking for a 40 that is in decent running order and not completely rusted out. My budget is $10k, I live in Ohio but will gladly make a road trip for the right truck. Thanks!

If you wanted a rust free project fj40 in pieces, I have that in Indiana.

If you are up for a road trip a little south there is a solid looking Patrol on ebay now for $4,500, not a 40 I know but still cool. 1967 Nissan Partol 4x4 | eBay

s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg

Your rust free 40 in pieces plus the free installation advise on MUD, how could one go wrong. :)
Any idea the positive or negitives Patrol vs 40? I'm partial to 40's , never owned a 40 just 60's and 80's but for a fun summer truck the Patrol has quite a. It lower values. How about mechanical issues? Etc. any feedback + or - would be great. Thanks.

Any idea the positive or negitives Patrol vs 40? I'm partial to 40's , never owned a 40 just 60's and 80's but for a fun summer truck the Patrol has quite a. It lower values. How about mechanical issues? Etc. any feedback + or - would be great. Thanks.

My understanding is the Patrols are well built and reliable but parts are harder to find in U.S., so you may have to order some parts from Australia. I actually like the look of Patrols as much or more than a 40, I view the Patrols as a poor mans LR D90 but more reliable and cheaper to maintain.

I have a great 66' daily driver that's 99% original. Original 6 cyl engine. Was repainted and reupholstered 12 years ago and looks like it has just enough patina. The body is very solid and the only rust areas are on both interior front wheel wells. Rest of body panels are very solid and rust free. Drives and runs perfect, no rattles or wandering. Had it on eBay for $10k, but need garage space so I will sell for $9500. Probably $800-$900 for shipping from my house in Las Vegas. Come out and take a look. It really does purr.

Not sure what part of Ohio you are in but here is one in driving distance. It has all the parts and with the money left over you could pay someone to replace the tub (if you wanted) and fix the clutch. It looks like it is 100% complete which is the biggest regret I have when buying mine, I'm still finding parts to put it back complete.

I know I was trying to buy parts from a red tub from indygbd but he said he sold it. If he didn't - it would be a good fit.

Just something else to think about.

1978 Toyota FJ40 for sale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom