In-cab winch wiring help needed (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lelandEOD

SILVER Star
Threads
I've got a nice Warn 8274 winch and have a dash mounted carling momentary on-off-on switch. I'm having trouble finding a wiring diagram that I can use to wire up my winch to work with the in-cab switch.

I've found a couple of diagrams but they are all a little different. I'm a bit confused and frustrated so I thought I'd turn to the community to see if anyone had any pointers for me. Here are the three diagrams I've found so far.

Can anyone give me any input? Does one of these work better than the other?

It won't be so confusing when you find out which type of solenoid wiring your winch uses. It is probably like one of the top two, which are essentially the same.

For your in cab switch, you need a DPDT (double pole, double throw) switch. One one pole, the center position is the hot wire (yellow) while the other switched positions are the in and out wires (green or black).
On the other pole, the center position is grounded while the other two switched positions connect both to the solenoid ground wires (brown).

The reason that Warn switched the ground wires too is to make it more complicated and therefore harder to hot wire the solenoids by people who want to F' with your winch. If you directly ground the brown common ground wire for the 4 solenoids, you only have to switch the in and out with a SPDT switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom