Imports a 80 series from Japan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

can i recommend a rust free unit so that you do not have to pay huge money on a restoration?
this way you can do your own importation and just drive it.
a proper refurbishing will be in the $20-$45 thou range. a quicky is about $10-$20 thou and a butcher job will be under $10 thou.
a proper restoration can go into the 6 figures depending on who is doing the job and how detailed the restoration is.
there is a guy here in Alberta who has done some fantastic refurbishings, Hilltop Cruisers.
i do refurbishings but i am concentrating on fiberglass bodies now and am not too interested in doing the metal, the rust just comes back.

sorry i can not put you in touch with anyone down there but if you do a search you will come across a few you can ship your truck to. once you have found someone post their site and maye we can enlighten you on what we have seen come out of their shop.
cheers

as for the diesel engines, they are quite simple to work on as long as you have the factory shop manual. the maintainece is a no brainer and the more difficult jobs can be walked through by others on this board...
there is really nothing to be afraid of...
cheers

crushers said:
as for the diesel engines, they are quite simple to work on as long as you have the factory shop manual. the maintainece is a no brainer and the more difficult jobs can be walked through by others on this board...
there is really nothing to be afraid of...
cheers

Yep Oil burners are much simpler to work on than Gas engines - less to go wrong for a start. Worst bit is the fuel pump, the rest of it is generally OK for even an averagely capable home mechanic. I'd rather work on 10 oil burners than one gas engine myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom