Im gonna build me some bumpers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, we're talking about hormones of a 20 year old college student in Utah no less. His sources of joy are probably not something you should post.
-B-

[quote author=Rogue link=board=2;threadid=5662;start=msg45928#msg45928 date=1064866317]
I was barely able to buy gas for a '91 Civic in HS, and now I am a college sophomore fighting with myself on whether or not to sell the cause of my current fiscal depression, and yet my third greatest source of joy.
[/quote]

L U U U X U R Y...when I was in highschool, I had to walk 10 miles in bare feet in the cold snow, climb a mountain, run past the wolf pack only to go home and sleep in a box (...you get the picture, I love that comedy skit) :D

For me it was the 'Subway'/Tube/Underground/ :'(....No car until I was about 25 (Toyota Tercel 4WD wagon - what fun!), then 84 BJ60, Jetta, Saab and now LX450 (+ Jetta)

I had to take the shoe leather express to school.

I knew a guy "Hoot Gibson" that saved up his money and bought a 57 Chevy and was very proud to drive it to school. When the bell rang after school, he walked out, got on the bus, and went home. Discovering his mistake, he had to hike about 6 miles back to school to get his pride and joy. Needless to say that took a very long time to live down and if I see him to this day he's going to hear about it.
Bill

???

Is you making fun of me truck or me Challenger?

Or is it both?

Actually I keep them around to make the Cruiser look all that much more better. :slap:

Naw. Just making fun of the fact that after driving a Toyota you still own the Challenger. They were cool enough back in the day when everything was built crappy, I just couldn't support Chysler anymore after seeing what they were passing off as cars in the 80s. It was embarassing. :-[

Agreed.

But,there is something about the idle of a 440 MAGNUM that makes the hair on the back of the old neck stand up. :D

I am in the same boat as junk. I am lucky enough to only work 4 months a year and live comfortably (at least by my standards) so i got all the time in the world today, but if i worked a full year and pulled six figures and my time wasnt worth building i would buy all slee products,(in regaurds to saving time. i enjoy the building on my rig almost as much as wheeling) no quesions asked.......speaking of having the right tools for the job...I just added to the family .........can you say Hypertherm powermax 380.

I may be wrong but the time it takes for anyone to design a "bolt on" bumper for an 80 deserves to charge that much. mine will be much more simple minded. like me.

What about us bore slobs who work too much and still don't have teh free time to play. sorry a little whining here. BTW nice quote sick boy Mike is GODLY! and I am jealousof hte powermax. I guess there is a good side to managing a body shop inside a ford dealership..... acess to just about every tool made.
Dave

I've gone through many cars before i got a killer deal on the cruiser. My first car was a 1971 fj40 stock everything that i restored and up graded a bit with weber carb, headers, ect..
second car was another 1971 fj40 that was in sorry shape no engine, tranny, transfer case, floor ect... and then i went to a 1986 volvo 740 turbo wagon, one fast car let me tell ya. But now im at the LX450 and im quite satisfied.

1st: '60 VW ragtop
2nd: Sunbeam Tiger
3rd: 69 AMX

ahhh..the good old days....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom