Ignition Cylinder Posts on a '72 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey y'all, I could use a little help with the wiring involved with starting my '72. I tried searching but can't seem to really find what I need, so I'll just have to ask. Several weeks back, the original starter crapped out on me. Everywhere I looked seemed to recommend switching in a GR from a later model, so I ordered one from cruiserparts.net. Cleaned it, battery tested it and it worked well on its own. The instal wasn't complicated (or so I thought) but for some reason, it seems like the whole system is dead. I cleaned all my grounds, but still had nothing. I decided to pull the ignition cylinder (four prongs on the back) to see what I could see, but in the process, like the dunce that I am, I flubbed up and pulled two of the four wires off the back (black and white, and black and red remain; black and yellow, and red and blue are no longer connected). I've played around with the thing a little bit; some of the wires and some of the posts go hot as the key goes to different places, but can someone tell me exactly what wires should be hot, and when? and where they go? Any help would be most appreciated!

Can only upload this picture.

IMG_20170220_124909566.jpg

Thanks Rusty, at least I've got some idea where the wires go now. I think I might actually be in need of a new ignition cylinder, so that's gonna be my next try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom