IFS 100 series ARB Sahara Bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking at buying a second hand ARB Sahara bar for a 100 series (2002 IFS 4.2TD).

3913150.jpg

After doing some research it looks like there are two ARB model numbers for the 2002 IFS cruiser bar:
  • 3913140: IFS Models To Oct 2002
  • 3913160: IFS Models Oct 2002 On
Mine is a July 2002 IFS 100 series (HDJ100R with the 1HD-FTE engine) so it looks like I am after the 3913140 part number. I have found one of 3913160 part number bars at a good price but need to make sure it will fit.
  • Does anyone know what the difference is between these two parts is?
  • Did the cruiser body or mountings change in Oct 2002?
Appreciate any information about this, thanks.

All years AFAIK for the 100 series UZ or HD IFS front mounting point for the front bumper are the same. Expect for 105 series. All UZJ100 year models here in the US have the same front bumper mounting points..

I'd say the difference is the grill, headlights and associated trim. I suspect the Oct '02 and later bumper will fit, just the same as the deluxe bull bar will fit the 98-02. The result is a relatively minor gap between the trim under the headlights/ grill and bumper.

I am looking at buying a second hand ARB Sahara bar for a 100 series (2002 IFS 4.2TD).

View attachment 3321297

After doing some research it looks like there are two ARB model numbers for the 2002 IFS cruiser bar:
  • 3913140: IFS Models To Oct 2002
  • 3913160: IFS Models Oct 2002 On
Mine is a July 2002 IFS 100 series (HDJ100R with the 1HD-FTE engine) so it looks like I am after the 3913140 part number. I have found one of 3913160 part number bars at a good price but need to make sure it will fit.
  • Does anyone know what the difference is between these two parts is?
  • Did the cruiser body or mountings change in Oct 2002?
Appreciate any information about this, thanks.
I had a quick look at the Fitting Instructions for Sahara bars ARB 3913140 and ARB 3913160 and also for ARB 3413190 (not really relevant -- applies to the Deluxe bar on my 2006 LC100R with 1HD-FTE) and I also looked at the applications summary (fourth attachment) -- and I still cannot answer your question!!

The Fitting Instructions for ARB 3913140 are specifically labelled for "TOYOTA HJ100" which I assume means "TOYOTA HDJ100" (and not HDJ105 with rigid front axle and different chassis) whereas the Fitting Instructions for ARB 3913160 refer to "LEXUS LX470 IFS & LANDCRUISER 09/2002 ON"

Best bet might be to go to an ARB shop, find an older Parts Fitter/Mechanic and ask about the differences and whether they are significant for your purposes.

Attachments

• arb-3913140.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 69
  • arb-3913160.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 58
  • arb-3413190-fitting-instructions.pdf
    581.3 KB · Views: 55
  • LandCruiser100Lexus470.pdf
    101.6 KB · Views: 49
Earlier bar has a winch cradle that mounts to the truck frame that the bar then hangs on. Also doesn't have the accessory lights option. Later bar mounts directly to the frame and the winch to the bar. Both bars will fit on both trucks, there's descriptions in the FAQ.

I went ahead and bought this bar and it was sitting in the shed for a while before I got a chance to test it out, and it fits!

It took a bit of mucking around with a friend and a trolley jack to get it in place. We had to get the bar to the absolute max height allowed by the bolts that attach the bar to the mount assembly. A small packer was also required for the channel packers above the tow brackets to get the correct height.

62519.jpg

Thanks again for the feedback on my original questions.

That looks really good, really suits the truck, especially painted!

Out of interest where is the snorkel from?
Looks like a TJM Airtec.

The snorkel is a TJM Airtec. The bar was powder coated by the previous owner before realizing it was for an IFS cruiser and not a 105.

Looks great, I agree they look great painted.

Just as an FYI, STEDI do a really nice LED that replaces the halogen light in the ARB bar

LC.jpg

That's it on low beam. It also has a much brighter center high beam LED and is great for flooding the lower front areas and sides with light

Just as an FYI, STEDI do a really nice LED that replaces the halogen light in the ARB bar

That's it on low beam. It also has a much brighter center high beam LED and is great for flooding the lower front areas and sides with light

Do you have these running on a separate switch?

I know of a few people that have been fined for accidentally leaving them on.

Also the connector on the cruiser appears to be a Y25C2 female but I haven't been able to find a pigtail to match it:

1687045471551.png

View attachment 3347945

might be a dumb question, but I am looking to upgrade the ARB deluxe bar lights to these LED versions. currently, the fogs are wired to the light stalk in the cab, and the turn signals are not wired, will the wiring harness in this kit fix that issue as well? I would like to get the side marker and turn signals in the ARB working.

thanks

james

Hi,
Unfortunately not. You'd need to run a wire for each clearance and turn signal spliced into the factory loom. You also need to run a wire spliced into your high beam for the main LED in the new light. Stedi make a plug and play adapter for tapping into the high beam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom