Idle adjust 1fz-fe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just did idle control mod on lcool with the o rings and now the idle is way too low. Car stalled on me. Is there any way to adjust the idle manually? Any help would be appreciated. On cold starts idle jumps to 1200 and no more rattle. Then settles to about 900-1000 until warm. After warmed up it will idle at 400 which is way to low. Stalled on me pulling into driveway

You cannot adjust the idle manually. Your best shot is to reset the ECU so that it can re-learn the idle air control setting it needs for idle. Disconnect the battery for a while, and the reconnect it. It will drive badly for a while, but with a few trips it will settle back to normal.

Yeah I was thinking something like that may be what I have to do. I'll get back with results. If any others have solutions chime in.

Just unplug the 15amp EFI Fuse. No need to mess with the battery cables. Leave it unplugged for about 15 min. Then plug it back in and drive.

I had never heard of that mod.

As was said, there is no manual idle adjustment on the 1fz-fe.

15 minutes without the efi fuse is probably longer than you need - a couple minutes should do it.

It takes 8 to 12 drive cycles for the ecu to return to closed-loop operation. So you don't know if it is 'fixed' until you've started, driven, and shut off a dozen times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom