Idiot Youtuber takes a stock GX down Broken Arrow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Waiting... waiting... waiting... waiting...Waiting... waiting... waiting... waiting...
Waiting... waiting... waiting... waiting...
Waiting... waiting... waiting... waiting...

So many "crunch" noises, can't wait lol.

Well if he's making some coin off his youtube channel he's probably not the idiot you think he is. People love watching "idiots" wreck their stock vehicle so he'll probably get a boat load of views which might add up to some decent coin. So who's the idiot? haha.
Well I appreciate the vote of confidence but I assure you sir, I am an idiot. I made $78 from Youtube last month which didn't quite cover the gas to get there and back much less the dents in the skids. Almost bubbled sidewall too : ) I hope you are right on the views though.

Trying to finish and post in the next few days if possible. I appreciate you guys taking a look. Be sure to subscribe to the channel so you know every-time I do something idiotic... which is often.

Well I appreciate the vote of confidence but I assure you sir, I am an idiot. I made $78 from Youtube last month which didn't quite cover the gas to get there and back much less the dents in the skids. Almost bubbled sidewall too : ) I hope you are right on the views though.

Trying to finish and post in the next few days if possible. I appreciate you guys taking a look. Be sure to subscribe to the channel so you know every-time I do something idiotic... which is often.
I've already liked and subscribed, so hopefully that will add a few pennies to next month's payment. Looking forward to reviewing all of your vids. Good Luck!!

Well I appreciate the vote of confidence but I assure you sir, I am an idiot

first step is admitting it. if your going to do more trails with the truck stock i would at least get better tires so your not blowing out sidewalls all the time

first step is admitting it. if your going to do more trails with the truck stock i would at least get better tires so your not blowing out sidewalls all the time
Ive got ko2 265’s but it was having them aired down to 20 that saved me from a road hazard warranty. Im going to lift the front sometime to level it out which should help. Having fun making a few videos with her stock though (other than the tires).

A good old fashioned two inch lift will make a big difference. Sliders will add some protection. All things considered the GX did pretty good in stock form on that trail.
Did you watch the full video already? I was going to get around to posting in a few : ) Yep, those are both on the short list. I think I'll just do a 1.5" in the front and about .5" rear airbag trick lift in the back at first. It's really hard as it is for my 5 year old to get in it. Once she's a little taller I'll do the springs all around.

Yep I was able to watch it all, good timing I suppose. My wife and two kids miss the side steps because it was easier for getting in and out of, but the sliders stick out enough that it creates a small step (albeit higher up than stock side steps) for them.

That was an awesome video - thank you for street sweeping Broken Arrow for us all! I've been subscribed since your first video and we have enjoyed your misadventures, tech talk, and unrelenting humor. Even my wife loves watching. We had our own two-day scrape down session on a Mojave overland trail a couple weeks back and it was enough to push us towards a mild lift and some upgraded armor. Now I just need to make it out to Sedona.

That was an awesome video - thank you for street sweeping Broken Arrow for us all! I've been subscribed since your first video and we have enjoyed your misadventures, tech talk, and unrelenting humor. Even my wife loves watching. We had our own two-day scrape down session on a Mojave overland trail a couple weeks back and it was enough to push us towards a mild lift and some upgraded armor. Now I just need to make it out to Sedona.
That's amazing to hear. Thank you. My wife, Jill is going to be in our next video; Trail Cocktails from mostly Powdered ingredients. We've got 10 drinks that you can make from powdered ingredients to keep space down and have little fun in the back country. There's a White Russian made from powdered milk, creamer, brown sugar and coca powder with a shot of Vodka, A Moscow mule made with crystalized ginger and lime juice powder and a bunch more that we think will be a really fun show. If you have any friends that do the same outdoorsy sort of stuff let them know where to find us please! wastingtimeinthewoods.com redirects to the YT channel.

That's amazing to hear. Thank you. My wife, Jill is going to be in our next video; Trail Cocktails from mostly Powdered ingredients. We've got 10 drinks that you can make from powdered ingredients to keep space down and have little fun in the back country. There's a White Russian made from powdered milk, creamer, brown sugar and coca powder with a shot of Vodka, A Moscow mule made with crystalized ginger and lime juice powder and a bunch more that we think will be a really fun show. If you have any friends that do the same outdoorsy sort of stuff let them know where to find us please! wastingtimeinthewoods.com redirects to the YT channel.
Trail Cocktails: Definitely Important Subject Matter for marital bliss on the trail. I'm a winemaker but lugging our wine around is too much. Bring on the Swiss Miss Cocktails (Lederhosen Reprise)!

SPOILER ALERT!! You're giving too much away with all the drinks and mixes! Save some of the mystery for the video!

Again, awesome job Jake!
A few comments and questions:
  • First, it looks like you've mastered your drone and not auger it into the ground, tree or snow! Wait, there was no snow...
  • How long is that entire trail? Or guess it would take without having to do all the video? I'm thinking it couldn't be much more than a 3 or 4 hours if the Pink Jeeps are doing it and probably stopping for a box lunch somewhere along the trail with their clients. People who are not used to off-roading, wouldn't last much longer than a few hours on the trail, especially sitting sideways!
  • Did you use your decent control? Do you have it?
  • I don't think you ever mentioned if you dinged anything underneath.
I haven't shown my wife yet, but I'd love to do a weekend up there and do that trail with the wife!
Any chance you'd do it again as a "trail boss"? Which is a fancy way of saying, "You've done it once, so you're the expert! You wanna lead??"

Last edited:
Again, awesome job Jake!
A few comments and questions:
  • First, it looks like you've mastered your drone and not auger it into the ground, tree or snow! Wait, there was no snow...
  • How long is that entire trail? Or guess it would take without having to do all the video? I'm thinking it couldn't be much more than a 3 or 4 hours if the Pink Jeeps are doing it and probably stopping for a box lunch somewhere along the trail with their clients. People who are not used to off-roading, wouldn't last much longer than a few hours on the trail, especially sitting sideways!
  • Did you use your decent control? Do you have it?
  • I don't think you ever mentioned if you dinged anything underneath.
I haven't shown my wife yet, but I'd love to do a weekend up there and do that trail with the wife!
Any chance you'd do it again as a "trail boss"? Which is a fancy way of saying, "You've done it once, so you're the expert! You wanna lead??"
Yep, the drone lives and I' got a bit better this time.

The entire trail was 4 miles. I cut some VO with additional trail description because this is twice as long as my previous videos and I want to strike a balance for people who will never really go there, just want to be entertained. If you pause it on the screen where I was talking about it not being for stock vehicles you can see the trail description from the national forrest service that I was reading from. You could do the whole thing in an hour or so if it was not busy and you never stopped. 3ish hours to have a good time and a picnic.

DAC? No, I used that once before on as slippery slope and it's not the most elegant solution with the brakes clattering away distracting your wheel placement. I just close my eyes and go ; )

Not sure anything's broke under there. If it's not dripping, I'm not too worried. Most of the noise was from skid.

Would love to meet up for a run! Might feel better for me once a few more people are vaccinated though, since I'd be helping encourage you to travel out of state. Armed in UT keeps inviting me up to the Swell in UT and I really want to go there as well. My wife is double vaxed (teacher), might be a while for me though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom