Identification help.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_0209.JPG
IMG_0208.JPG
IMG_0203.JPG

trying to identify these three connections located around transfer case location

If the big ring connector is White/Black stripe it grounds the harness to the frame.

I'm thinking Light blue/yellow is to your Front Drive indicator light. It should plug into a switch on your T/case.

The two reverse light wire are down there also. Mine are red/blue

Model year and market it was imported too would help. 71 was the last year the vacuum shifter with a 4WD light was imported to the US. In 83 there was a 4WD again on the dash. Years in between did not have a 4WD light on the dash. The exposed eyelet is ground that one is clear.

No seat belt buzzer on a 73. Wires for the fuel tank sending unit would be longer and on would be a eyelet to ground it. Rear heater wiring runs inside with the heater hoses. No vacuum shifter. If the reverse light does work probably what they are. Have a 73 but it's at my other home and can't check. PO did some hacks in the wiring but nothing was modified in that area that I know of. @Coolerman has a lot of wiring in formation he has linked.

I have my rear harness apart and here's what I found:

The '73 harness has wires for both earlier and later models. A number of these circuits aren't used on the '73.

The blue/yellow pair are for a FD circuit not used on 1973 USA models.

There should be a red/purple pair for the backup light circuit.

The white/black with ring is the ground for the fuel sending unit. The ring is supposed to be grounded under the screw holding the nearby clip holding the brake line and rear wiring harness. This wire leaves the main harness into a two wire loom which leads to the fuel sending unit. With it is a yellow/red wire which sends the signal back to the gauge cluster.

The other single wire on top of the transmission I think is for a fourth gear engaged switch feeding a signal to the emissions system. @Coolerman would know for sure...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom