Icon jump seat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have any good/bad stories with the jump seats from Icon 4x4?

1605061536977.png

I have them. They are very nice. The hinge area is different, but the bolt holes to the tub all line up. You will need to drill each hole in the tubing for the upholstery. Also, standard seat covers (like from Cruiser Corps) don't quite fit right. I had modify a bit, but looks good. The other thing you will need to figure out is the feet.

Wow, those look incredible. Thanks for the pictures and explanation.

Are those the Icon covers? And can you explain further what you mean by figuring out the feet?

Those are Cruiser Corps covers. I don't think Icon makes covers (that they sell anyway).

If you notice on the picture where it is side by side with the oem jumpseat, you will see the seat is made differently...the frame tubing is below the sheet metal on the icon version, whereas it is above it on the oem. Because of this, the standard "feet" (the little round rubber pieces that rest the seat onto the wheel well) will not work (not long enough). You will either need to get some custom ones, or figure something else out. Or just go without them...that is what I am doing right now, but don't know if that will work or not. If not, I'll put something on...figure that out later :)

I have them. They are very nice. The hinge area is different, but the bolt holes to the tub all line up. You will need to drill each hole in the tubing for the upholstery. Also, standard seat covers (like from Cruiser Corps) don't quite fit right. I had modify a bit, but looks good. The other thing you will need to figure out is the feet.

Are the "standard seat covers" from CC that you have the 1972-1973 version, or the 1979-1984?

my truck is a 78, so I ordered the set that fit those. I think they said 72-78.

Do you remember what bolts you used to connect the top and bottom pieces together?

I purchased some shoulder bolts from the local hardware store. Then used some nylon washers. There is a very thin plastic washer between the two pieces of metal. Yeah I scratched it up a bit.

27E44FEF-4FD7-484C-BA4C-BA42140639CF.jpeg
310800B2-7207-49EC-A2E3-35854AD67AE8.jpeg
87D09F06-5A05-4FA9-9009-E1C2AEA08782.jpeg

I went to look up the seat frames on the ICON webpage and they said my credit score was not high enough to get past their firewall.
Usually I get redirected to rock auto...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom