Icelandic Hilux (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
facebook.com
Hello, I'm new here. I have a 2000 (LN165) Toyota Hilux

It originally is a double cab, but I've extended the frame ~3ft. to accept a extra-cab tub on the back. I've also done some other mods such as 38" tires, wheelbase extension obviously, 5 link rear supension with air bags, on board belt driven air, central tire inflation and deflation system hooked up while driving(computer controlled)

and more and more... hope you like it, I use this car only for overlanding, I have some plans for the future with it, but I've been using it with 38s on in the winter, and 37s in the summer.

I'll start with photos from 2017 from when I bought this car in a pretty dire state, rusty and only on 33"s.

1.jpg

The car was very ugly at first

2.jpg

I had to repair the frame also
3.jpg

I made 5 link suspension and air actuated rear locker
4.jpg

on 38s finally
5.jpg

underside, aux. fuel tank etc.

I have built trucks previously, see my 1997 Suzuki Vitara which I put toyota axles on, a hyundai 2,5 TDi engine, 38" tires... or my 1991 Explorer with 46s, 14 bolt rear axle dana 44hd front axle and mercedes 2.9 turbo diesel engine... so I've gone through a lot, sorry--- but I like my pick up in the sunset, with the camper on the back... we have now caught up to 2023.. and I will continue modifying endlessly... currently I am working on putting 1KZT-E engine out of LandCruiser Prado into the car... stay tuned :)
78.jpg
RlkWL0bZ_o.jpg
t1HSoiB5_o.jpg
VKHYsPEe_o.jpg
Ywa7AO3A_o.jpg

Amazing clean work and what a beautiful country you live in. Thanks for sharing all the photos!

Such a cool build! really like your attitude on projects!

Thanks for your kind replies, I've started another thread for a seperate 'build' which is the red KZJ95 LandCruiser/Prado 90 series.

I will update this thread here whenever there is work done on the pickup :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom