I want a CAMPTEQ rtt!!!

Discussion in 'Camping & Outdoor Gear' started by fj62max, Mar 4, 2018.

1. fj62max

fj62max Wildlife Customs

Cant wait!!!!! Text me pics when you can.

2. poseidon

poseidon

Media:
    Albums:
    I am interested for the 60 or 80.

3. poseidon

poseidon

Media:
    Albums:
    Still kicking around this idea but not needing to reinvent the wheel if I don't have to, had me looking at the VW bus and Westfalia tops and noticed for $3-500 you can buy the canvas with windows and all. I don't know how close the VW vans are but if one of the models was close enough it would be convenient/cheaper to be able to have a big parts supply and not need to order custom or make your own.

GoWesty Camper Products - parts supplier for VW Vanagon, Eurovan, and Bus
    BusDepot.com

4. Jetboy

Jetboy

Media:
    Albums:
    Sorry I've gone quiet for a bit. Been really busy. I'll try to finalize a set of plans for a wood version. If I can I'll also draw a set of canvas parts. Using off the shelf parts is a great idea. I think the VW van canvas will be too small. Also it doesn't have a door in it. But it may be possible to find something pre-made that works - even if it's just half of a small tent that you cut apart. I'd have to start looking at some tents to see what's out there. If you have a sewing machine and some experience this isn't probably all that difficult to make yourself as an alternative.

dogfishlake likes this.
  5. dogfishlake

dogfishlake Go on a living spree Supporting Vendor SILVER Star

I purchased a bus canvas with the idea of modding in a side door and possibly making it a bit wider. Its been sitting ina box on my counter for a couple of months so I'm really making huge progress here!

6. calmont

calmont

Media:
    This thread has some design ideas, including dimensions.

Building my own pop top

Seems like the biggest deal would be getting a water tight seal on the closing mechanism etc. I've been very interested in building something so this thread is sweet!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.