I want a 78 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

brew8 said:
I came down a back hill from the Benbow road that drops into a mine in NYE Montana, we hit a locked gat so we went to the maintiance shop, there were at least 7 7_ series trucks there all diesels. There used only at the mine. I asked the guy if we could buy one he said there wwere a bunch of them on the scrap pile. I'm going to investigate, cheers, Larry BTW Rick_D what was the canvas shop shop you used in Cody for the soft tops?
okay, so what ended up happening with this? are they available? what's the name of the mining company? if enough of us call, maybe they'll sell us the trucks. shoot, make it a wheeler. don't need a title for that. that would be awesome!!! pm me, if ya don't want to put the name of the mining company out there for the world. i only need 1. that shouldn't stop ya from buying all you want!! let me know. thanks,

I still haven't been up there to see, work is busy this time of year and the cruiser is getting an SM420 so I haven't been wheeling in that area, I might make it up this week, I'll try and get back to you here, I don't want to hoard but if they will let them go I'll let you know, but I want first crack at one, Larry

brew8 said:
I still haven't been up there to see, work is busy this time of year and the cruiser is getting an SM420 so I haven't been wheeling in that area, I might make it up this week, I'll try and get back to you here, I don't want to hoard but if they will let them go I'll let you know, but I want first crack at one, Larry

get it brother, after all, first shot is your by right. but if ya don't mind sharing, i sure would like to have a chance at one as well. keep me posted, and take care. thanks again for sharing!!!

Here is the scoop on these, I finally made it to the bone yard and had a look at what is there, they had two there,totally trashed, not one good piece of sheet metal left, and parts have been scavanged off of them, I think the drive trains are rebuildable, but would need that for sure. I'm going to get one for the drive train and rebuild it as I feel the cash flow into my pocket, because I would like a diesel cruiser. if your interested let me know I can get you some pic's and let you know how much, likly 2500 bucks. And you would need a trailer. That is the latest, Larry

Hello,

Truth be told you don't want a 78 series.
The 2LT is the worst diesel toyota ever put in a Land Cruiser, and close the the worst diesel toyota ever made.

Wander in the 70 series section, or the diesel section and take read.
Japanesse cruiser are coming to Canada now.
Some club members have them. Many of them blow the head.
Be very careful.

If your giong to have 4 door 70 series envy, I suggest envying the HZJ77.

Cheers,
Nick

Last edited:
(Just like all those poor folks that think some online petition about ending IFS is somehow going to get their attention, even though, these same folks have, and continue to purchase IFS Toyota vehicles) :rolleyes:

I love to Toyota to death, and I wish they would at least give us the option of diesel cruisers. And I mean real cruisers, not the FJC.

I for one did stop supporting them.

I have my second Japanesse import now.
I love both of them.
I doubt I will ever buy a new North American Toyota.
And somehow I think once people in the US starts importing JMD, that toyota might start caring.

Niether one of my JDM's were cheap by the time I got them.
That is money that could of been in Toyota Canada'a pocket......
I bet if Toyota Canada starts bringing new ones in, people in the US will buy them new and bring them down.

Cheers,
Nick

Hello LC Truck fans,

I dream about having a 78 pickup with box bed. I'd given up until I was linked to your forums. HooRay! Look like a bunch of folks here want Toyota to sell us the same vehicle. Whats the difference in a BJ75 and a FJ78? They look similar to me.
I want to buy one here in the U.S. but would import one if they were available. I think the importing for offroad use only is a good idea. Then getting a homebuilt title is no problem here in Georgia.;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom