I officially have a problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

timmbuck2

SILVER Star
Threads
Picked up 3 more parts rigs yesterday and a couple of pickup loads of parts. :)

So last year I saw a 40 on CL and I could see a couple of pigs in the background. He was in a small town about 30 miles north of Denver, so I went to check it out. I don't remember a ton about the 40, but there was a solid 79 pig parked out front, and 4 pigs in the back yard with parts literally lying around everywhere. I didn't have the space at the time, so I just said to keep in touch. Well Monday night I got a text saying that he was getting kicked out of his house (rental) and offered a package deal on 3 of the pigs and all the parts, or he would have to take them to the junkyard, and it had to be done the next day! OK, quick trip to get a trailer and I headed up there. Picked up a 69, 71 and a 73, and 2-3 loads of parts. Lost of rusty stuff in the parts, but a lot of solid stuff, too. He wants too much for the 79 and a solid 73 with a bad motor, but we might work out a trade. I will be starting a thread in the classifieds soon, don't have pics yet. Have a couple of good rear door handles and plenty of steering columns. And like 5 radiators, but they were sitting outside so no idea what condition. I probably will post this on CL after I set aside a lot of good stuff for MUD. I don't want to ship any big stuff, but I can bring stuff to pig fest, and also if you are passing through Denver you can always pick stuff up for you or others. :)

Doctor doctor, gimme the news, I got a bad case of loving Piggies..

umm....and officially I have 8 pigs as of this moment....
76, 76, 73, 73, 69, 69, 71, 73.....maybe a 79 and 73 soon. :)

Yep, I'd say you've got a problem... not unlike the problem we all have! (except I've only had 2 in my ownership at once).

That is fantastic! My wife would have me lynched up by my boot strings. Cheers to you @timmbuck2 ! The struggle is real my friend. Hahaha..

Any of those have an A/C? i have a factory A/C but the evaporator is bad. also, how about the factory winch?

No a/c (I think) and no PTO winch. There was a local guy selling a crappy 40 with a PTO. He was asking WAY too much because it had the winch...

Luckily my GF likes cruisers (we are hitting the pig fest plus HIH and maybe the FJ Summit this year) and I have a workshop with 1/4 acre fenced lot, so neither she nor my neighbors are an issue. :)

You are well ahead of me. I only owned five to make one.

crap, forgot about this...I can't get the 3rd rig on a trailer...he took the axles out and we could only find one half. Not sure which side. Anyone close have an axle I can borrow? :) Or any other thoughts?

Tim,

I never heard back from you, but I'm still interested in the window regulators for the 71 or 73 (maybe) if it has the vent window in it.

Thanks,
Ron

I am still going through emails, but PLEASE send emails and not post here. Thanks.

I'll trade you an axle for a frame. we could meet half way. somewhere outside of winnemucca

Sorry, don't have a frame near ready, but as soon as I can get one stripped, it is yours. :) Email me and we can discuss.

still need an axle asap for tomorrow morning...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom