I need to put my dog down tonight… (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dean,

I am very sorry for your loss.

It is the ultimate responsibility to our 4 legged friends who trust us to always do the best for them. It is a responsibility I couldn't live without, and a responsibility I do not want. I am sorry you had to make the ultimate decision for you best friend and family member.

When I lost my first puppy (the golden), my friend sent me this. I hope it helps in some small way...

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the "Rainbow Bridge" because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills, and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play all day with each other.

There is only one thing missing; they are not with their special person who loved them on Earth. So, each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up! The nose twitches! The ears are up! The eyes are staring! And this one suddenly runs from the group!

You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him/her in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again, again, and again and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.

Bonnie and Haans will be waiting to play with Chica...
dogs-and-cruiser.jpg

No words can describe the loss of a great dog. I dread the day. Best wishes.

Fly Rod

I type this reply with tears in my eyes and a fairly young golden at my feet... had to put this guys uncle down a few years back and it was one of the worst times of my life.

Dogs pretty much represent all that is good. Unconditional Love, loyalty, and a zest for life that most humans would do well to emulate. They ask nothing in return... We owe it to them to have the GUTS to put them down when the time has come.

Thanks for all the kind words form everyone. I got the picture of the sun set from the last night but they turned out dark. I will try to use a photo editor to lighten them up, then Ill post them.
Dean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom