I have a cruiser itch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have looked at stuff like 1974 fj40 to a 2007 lx470 let me know what you have.

I have a 1985 BJ70 for sale.

20190716_212609_HDR.jpg

Good to hear from you again Jeremy. For those of you that don't know Jinzuke was a founding member of VI Cruisers back in the day and left us behind when he found work in Alberta.

I'm surprised it took this long for you to scratch the itch, I too have it but I bought a Tacoma which is a bit like Methadone for the Heroin junkie, takes care of the itch but it's just not the same. :frown:

Skip the 60's and 70's if you will be winter driving, you'll look in the driveway one morning and discover its turned into a pile of rust overnight.

Doors are highly overrated...

B839EEB2-6FEB-4A17-9DEC-CCFDDDCF2B81.jpeg

I don’t have the front door on now,.. only half doors. The kids prefer to climb over the bars anyway. :D

Good to hear from you again Jeremy. For those of you that don't know Jinzuke was a founding member of VI Cruisers back in the day and left us behind when he found work in Alberta.

I'm surprised it took this long for you to scratch the itch, I too have it but I bought a Tacoma which is a bit like Methadone for the Heroin junkie, takes care of the itch but it's just not the same. :frown:

Skip the 60's and 70's if you will be winter driving, you'll look in the driveway one morning and discover its turned into a pile of rust overnight.

The 1990+ 70 series don't seem to rust quite as bad as the late 1980's ones. But yeah, 80 series and newer seem more resistant for sure.

Look into GX470's too. They're actually a really solid platform. Something between a 100 series and an FJ Cruiser/4Runner. 2005+ got the VVTI version of the 2UZFE and a 5 speed auto I believe. Been half looking at them myself, but still haven't been able to make the step to gassers.

Last edited:

Yeah but he's been out there so long he's probably a country music fan now.

There's a really tarted up hundred series in south nanaimo I've seen a few times. Lots of bars and bumpers etc.

Decent looking truck, but I shudder to think what it gets for mileage.

You up for the rhd 80 series thing again?

Well I looked at a hdj80 1991 178000 needed a paint job and shocks. Then I saw a kijji add for 2007 lx470 same price as the 80 so what’s a guy to do I bought the lx470.

Yeah but he's been out there so long he's probably a country music fan now.

There's a really tarted up hundred series in south nanaimo I've seen a few times. Lots of bars and bumpers etc.

Decent looking truck, but I shudder to think what it gets for mileage.

You up for the rhd 80 series thing again?
I did just go and see legends of country at stage west. Can’t get Kenny Rogers out of my head

So, we have added a 2006 lx470 to the family, 205000 miles $8500.00 The add said 2007 205 kim’s but it’s not to bad for the price.

09798157-A06E-45ED-9266-C3034637CB7F.jpeg

So, we have added a 2006 lx470 to the family, 205000 miles $8500.00 The add said 2007 205 kim’s but it’s not to bad for the price.

View attachment 2072310

Congrats! That is an excellent price. I believe that year came with VVTI 2UZ and A750 5 speed trans? Sweet combo!

I wouldn't itch that.

We’ve got a ‘98, thought I recognized the tire cover. Great little rig, sadly underpowered.
Wish they’d made a truck version

ya its on you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom