I got a 2002 Landcruiser with 1fz engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got the car some days before. The car has almost 300k km on it. It has a 4.5 I6 1fz engine.Its all stock. I am looking to restore it to absolute glory. Btw original paint.
-I feel the engine runs little rough
-All shocks are weak, (should i change springs aswell, stock ofcourse)
-engine suddenly revs when changing gears over 3k rpm ( knock sensor?)
-steering feels a little hard
-Many rattles inside interior (any fixes?)
- Where to get oem carpets?
-accelerator is very stiff

Car us in great condition but I would like to fix everything to perfect.Btw the extra front spolier is OEM from toyota here in Dubai.

Post some pictures when you can. I'd love to see your rig.

Completely stock. Even has the stock tires. Stock everythingggggggggggggg

Your engine was only available, in the US market, in the FZJ-80 Land Cruisers...while many 100 Series owners are former 80 Series owners, your engine questions might be better answered in the 80 Series forum.

I can't believe they white letter those terrible tires.

Very nice! 105 or 100?

I got the car some days before. The car has almost 300k km on it. It has a 4.5 I6 1fz engine.Its all stock. I am looking to restore it to absolute glory. Btw original paint.
-I feel the engine runs little rough
-All shocks are weak, (should i change springs aswell, stock ofcourse)
-engine suddenly revs when changing gears over 3k rpm ( knock sensor?)
-steering feels a little hard
-Many rattles inside interior (any fixes?)
- Where to get oem carpets?
-accelerator is very stiff

Car us in great condition but I would like to fix everything to perfect.Btw the extra front spolier is OEM from toyota here in Dubai.

I'm one of the few FZJ100 guys on here so I can help you out...

Auto trans or manual?

Have you done a basic tune up? Check air filter and spark plugs and wires (check date code on wires). Also on middle east trucks your intake hose (the big one) can crack and need to be replaced if it hasn't been. Also all vacuum hoses, PCV, PCV gasket, etc.

Check your power steering pump and steering rack for leaks. Both of these are very common items to leak on GCC trucks and if they haven't been serviced I bet your steering rack boots are torn to shreds from the heat.

Mine rattled like CRAZY when I bought it. Check your suspension bushings, namely your rear control arm bushings. I bet they are toast and they will cause your truck to rattle over bumps. Also my rear body mounts were done so check those too.

For the accelerator, depends if it's auto or manual... I've seen a stiff accelerator on a manual FZJ100 and I believe it's the cable from the pedal to the engine. Easy fix if that's the case.

Your engine was only available, in the US market, in the FZJ-80 Land Cruisers...while many 100 Series owners are former 80 Series owners, your engine questions might be better answered in the 80 Series forum.

Its slightly different engine. 1fz in the middleeast for lc100 makes 240 hp. But yes they could help regardless

I'm one of the few FZJ100 guys on here so I can help you out...

Auto trans or manual?

Have you done a basic tune up? Check air filter and spark plugs and wires (check date code on wires). Also on middle east trucks your intake hose (the big one) can crack and need to be replaced if it hasn't been. Also all vacuum hoses, PCV, PCV gasket, etc.

Check your power steering pump and steering rack for leaks. Both of these are very common items to leak on GCC trucks and if they haven't been serviced I bet your steering rack boots are torn to shreds from the heat.

Mine rattled like CRAZY when I bought it. Check your suspension bushings, namely your rear control arm bushings. I bet they are toast and they will cause your truck to rattle over bumps. Also my rear body mounts were done so check those too.

For the accelerator, depends if it's auto or manual... I've seen a stiff accelerator on a manual FZJ100 and I believe it's the cable from the pedal to the engine. Easy fix if that's the case.
Its an auto transmission. I have to basic tune up. Steering kit has been done along with radiater and steering hoses. HAve to cheack intake hose now, thanks man.. Yes I will check rear control arm bushes and body mounts too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom