Hutchinson Rim Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

canadian bum

SILVER Star
Threads
There has been an increase in the interest in these rims over the last little while. The group buy will end in November so everyone get together a number of rims to place for order. Price right now is $379us per rim plus shipping which will be spread evenly across the group buy so it will be very minimal. The rims are only available in a 17" x 8.5" in a Toyota lug pattern. Load rating for each rim is 2750 lbs, backspacing is 4.5". The rims weigh in at 40lbs each. The rims are a dual beadlock and are made of a cast alloy aluminum.Colors available are black, silver, or argent.

The nice thing about these rims is that you will never need a tire machine again to install. And to offset cost per wheel and added weight I'll just run four per vehicle, and carry a loose spare. Once getting the hang of tire install on these rims it takes minimal time to remove and install a tire. And in the not so common total destruction of a tire it seems like the most logical way to run in my own opinion. Rather than buying 5 rims. Only items I would consider getting is spare o-rings, and a few of the bolts with nuts in the likely event that the threads will get into some rocks on some of our rock crawling trips. These rims are a DOT approved rim so no issues at all running on the street.

The only alternative for a street legal beadlock is the inner air lock since Staun has went the way of the dinosaur I believe. You could run a weld on and take your chances with getting in some trouble, not as easy to change over tires and is a single beadlock. But single bead is better than no bead.

Feel free to post up questions, or alternatives. Always interested in new products or different opinions.

Order List

canadian bum 9 argent rims with 4 extra o-rings (Something around a 40 inch)

Here is a video of how to mount the tires on the rims .

Here are some pictures of them mounted on a local Lexus LX450 this is the argent color rim.

This is a picture showing clearance with front hub. Locking hubs will have no clearance issues.

Here is a picture clearing the rear full float hub. So no clearance issues at all.

And here is a picture of the Ultimate Adventure Nitro Gear Cruiser.

Thanks,

John

Last edited:
I am interested in getting more detail total cost, order requirements ect.

I was thinking of going with some TrailWorthy Fab double bead locks,but the idea of running a 16.5" rim is turning me off.

I was at another club meeting this week and one of the guys told me about this post so I figured I'd join up and see if we can help each other save some money!!

BTW I am up in Edmonton

I see that a H3 would use the same wheels as a Toyota. Shouldn't be a problem, the more we can get together the better. I'll start digging into it more once we have a better number from those interested.

Last edited:
It's an open group by. I need numbers of rims. Some want 4 some might want 5. Please post up how many rims per person so I can get a solid number.

Thanks,

John

I might be interested in purchasing 5 of them. I have not been able to see an actual picture of the 6 on 5 1/2 wheel. Every picture I find looks like a drawing and it has a solid center/no opening for a hub to stick through.

I have seen the rims in person. They do fit over the land cruiser hubs. However you can't use the center caps on the full float rear or front axle. But that isn't a big deal. Next time I'm doing work on the owners truck I'll snap some photos.

Okay, I'll get a picture of them next time the truck is around. We will probably be getting the rims shipped as one order to Montana. So we can probably work something from there. We also go to the marlin crawler roundup every year.

Is there any chance of spec changes? ie: wider rim, less backspace?
How well do these balance out?

I'm not sure, I highly doubt that they would. The alternative would be a custom set of rims from stazworks. Although they won't technically be street legal. But they can build what you need.

And these rims balance very well. You will either need to use sticky weights or beads. All depends more on the type of tire you run more than the rim itself.

Got a good solid price more updates will be up tomorrow morning. Sorry for the delay everyone, took a while to get a decent price on the rims.

Thanks,

John

Thread updated the group buy will end in November and the order will be placed. Everyone get the quantity, color, and tire size they will be running information in there replies for rims.

I'd lost track of this thread. Now that you have a final size and price, I'm in for 4 wheels, 2 extra o-rings. I'm already excited!! Ordering in November? When do you expect shipping? I had to go back through the thread to see what is happening. I have an office in Calgary, but would ask if anyone is bringing theirs to the coast?? I'm on the island. Depending when they arrive I might be able to pick up at annual party in late Nov.
I have to decide on Argent or Black.

Last edited:
I'm interested in 5

Need to know color and tire size you will be running. Even the type of tire if you know.

I'd lost track of this thread. Now that you have a final size and price, I'm in for 4 wheels, 2 extra o-rings. I'm already excited!! Ordering in November? When do you expect shipping? I had to go back through the thread to see what is happening. I have an office in Calgary, but would ask if anyone is bringing theirs to the coast?? I'm on the island. Depending when they arrive I might be able to pick up at annual party in late Nov.
I have to decide on Argent or Black.

You have some time to decide on the color. The set of rims on that 80 will be used a lot this summer. The truck was just in Moab.

Order will be placed possibly end of October. Few weeks to ship. And then I'll have to drive to Montana to pick up the pallet or pallets. I'll update the first post with confirmed people wanting rims. Payments will be taken just before the order is placed. Due to exchange rate changes ect.

Thanks,

John

I am running 285/75R17 Toyo M/T's. After polling my friends about the colour - I'm going with Black.
4 Black rims, 2 extra O-Rings.

I am running 285/75R17 Toyo M/T's. After polling my friends about the colour - I'm going with Black.
4 Black rims, 2 extra O-Rings.

Alright placed on the order list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom