Hub grease leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Outsane

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
solvefunction.com
Why is my left hub doing this?

20171202_115829.jpg
I had this earlier, so I rebuilt both axles, and this side still leaks. I extended the diff breather and removed the air box this morning.

Maybe the inner seal got damaged during assembly, and the hub is full of oil? Was there oil in the hub when you pulled them apart?

Trail Gear? Not a Marlin seal? OEM?

I have a Marlin seal on order, but I really don't want to pull it all apart without knowing the issue. As far as the collets I am not sure, I would hope the avm kit would be good. The grease is coming out of the switch, and not past the outer seal.

I haven't messed with AVM hubs before. Does the dial seal with a O ring? Gear oil usually weeps out the back.

The red selector and the housing.. as far as I can tell..

not sure even sure where the pressure is coming from to push it out of there. That is why I tried the breather hose, removed the connector to the axle, cleaned it out removed the plastic box and piped it up to the engine bay with a 3ft hose.

How much grease did you pack in the hub? Maybe too much and when they heat up while driving its expanding out flinging it on your wheel. Just a guess at this point. I would pull the AVH hub cap and check the o ring and take a few more photos for us.
I had a similar issue on my rear hub on my Ford. When the rear hub seal blew it spun grease all over the drum brake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom