How to adapt fj62 fuel line to AN fitting for LS swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_20200821_190553.jpg

Hey all swapping my fj60 tank to an fj62 with an internal fuel pump for my LS swap. Can anyone advise the best way to adapt the fuel pump hard Line to an AN fitting that will then go to the Corvette FPR ?

Thanks in advance!!

TIG welder is one option, or there's a fitting you can buy. I think the company was called Radium and they were the only ones that made it. It might be in my build thread

My mig welding looks like boogers I'll look into that adapter! Thx

If you are already going to the trouble of swapping tanks may I suggest going with a tanks Inc fuel pump

Use a 1/4" pipe thread to -6AN fitting on supply and return
Mount the Corvette filter/regulator close to the tank and you only require one line going forward to the engine
I suggest all new lines.

If you are already going to the trouble of swapping tanks may I suggest going with a tanks Inc fuel pump

Use a 1/4" pipe thread to -6AN fitting on supply and return
Mount the Corvette filter/regulator close to the tank and you only require one line going forward to the engine
I suggest all new lines.

Is that tanks inc setup bolt in? Bolt pattern matches the fj62 tank? Would love to make that work

Also considering cutting off the flare and using something like this, bad idea? , but that tanks inc setup looks ideal if it's bolt in.

Amazon product ASIN B07DXW4C6B

Also considering cutting off the flare and using something like this, bad idea? , but that tanks inc setup looks ideal if it's bolt in.

Amazon product ASIN B07DXW4C6B

This works too and is one less fitting. I have a few of these on my fuel system on the pressure side with no issues.

I would ignore that Tanks INC suggestion if you already have an FJ62 tank and sending unit.

This works too and is one less fitting. I have a few of these on my fuel system on the pressure side with no issues.

I would ignore that Tanks INC suggestion if you already have an FJ62 tank and sending unit.

sweet, simple is good and i already have the sending unit and a walbro pump/wiring. thanks again!

I doubt it is a direct bolt in. Go with what you like, Matt and I do things quite differently.

I make an adapter to fit the tanks inc fuel pump module and bolts directly to the fj62 tank. Comes with all new ss mounting hardware just need a new oem fuel pump module gasket and make sure you get a fuel pump module gasket from tanks inc as it doesn't come with one they offer a cork and a neoprene one either will work.
Tommy

not saying the Tanks Inc drop-in units are a bad product, in fact I'll be installing one in a 60 (carb) tank pretty soon for a customer, I just don't see the point in this case when he already has a complete FJ62 tank that already does a fine job of holding any fuel pump

not saying the Tanks Inc drop-in units are a bad product, in fact I'll be installing one in a 60 (carb) tank pretty soon for a customer, I just don't see the point in this case when he already has a complete FJ62 tank that already does a fine job of holding any fuel pump
He asked about adapting to an line fittings not an easy task unless you do some dumb stuff then what happens when that breakes or leaks. Its way more reliable to do it right the first time also without butchering an NLA fj62 fuel pump module that someone else her on this forum may need at some point amd is an easy sell if someone has a fj62 with a rusty ass fuel pump module. No brainer and every thing can be replaced and maybe even replaced on the trail in the middle of no where you know what i am saying and without JB weld.
Tommy

i love mud, and appreciate all the different approaches. here's what i went with so that it can help anyone else in the future.

i used the tanks inc adapter from @tmxmotorsports for the fj62 tank, and used the gpa-2 unit from In-Tank Fuel Pump Module - GPA-Series

IMG_20200829_165351.jpg

i used this line and fitting kit with the 45 degree fittings from tanks inc. GM LS Engine Fuel Line Kit

the tanks inc setup is nice especially for me as i need this to be CA compliant and the evap system needs to be working . i used the vent barb to connect the pressure tank sensor (long black tube)
IMG_20200904_165204.jpg

I then referenced and old mud post how to setup and run the GM fuel sending unit wires (which is needed for the evap system to run) in it, they suggested using weather pack connectors, to create a sealed gasket.
IMG_20200829_181843.jpg
IMG_20200829_190243.jpg
IMG_20200829_191644.jpg

DO NOT DO THIS.

Before and after of the weather pack gasket exposure to Gasoline (probably has silicone in it which causes it to swell up.)
IMG_20200830_173304.jpg

hated doing this but ended up using marine tex GREY epoxy, it's fuel resistant to seal the fuel sending wires... atleast since i can access the fuel sender from inside if it's ever an issue i can redo it.
IMG_20200831_110633.jpg

Lastly a better pic of the fuel pump insatlled.

IMG_20200904_173953.jpg

I also looked into the tanks inc, meter match to fix the general innaccuracy of the factory sender to speed hut gauges... but haven't had success , but i think the unit i got was bad. will update if i get it to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom