how manny cruisers have you murdered for parts? :( (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The real question here, is who is Manny? :flipoff2:

This is the only one I personally murdered...body was ok, frame was largely absent. Was funny, sold body to a guy from bamfield...showed up at around 10am after partying all night...first words, "so where's the beer store?":lol: was quite a morning...paid mostly cash and a large amount of beer for the carcass... think hs name was Ty?

guts.jpg

Last edited:
2-but only one that was premeditated, a 67 LV I lent it to somebody for a while who lent it to somebody else who didn't know what a dipstick was for and put a rod through the side of the block. Sat in my yard a couple years then it went to the crusher about 1995View attachment 1610028

And a 1978 45 LPB that is still being cannibalized. I drove it onto the trailer when I bought it but she was a little rough to say the least. The guy I bought it from had a snow plow on it for plowing a yard full of trucks and heavy equipment. He said when it was -40 it was the only thing in the yard that would still start.
View attachment 1610029
I don't consider my Dad's LV murder, because, although I tortured the hell out of it during my teen years, it didn't actually die :D. Not a very good picture but taken on top of Mt. Finlayson about 1977
View attachment 1610030
366F8F22-A343-4029-9784-D3F0AF109F00.jpeg

Love the picture!

I knew a guy that drove his Toyota pickup into the swamps at the bottom of mount Finlayson got stuck. Someone called the cops he got a dui, they brought a helicopter in to lift his truck out so it didn’t cause more environmental damage. They charged him 12k ontop of the driving fines. And the truck was a write off from the slings they used to lift it. They dident hook onto the bumpers or anything solid. The slings were just choked around the entire body between the front and rear wheels. Things have changed a bit... haha

Haha I’m sure I’m the most irritating on the block. With all the noise I make and the great big smoky fires I have. the guy one house down from me keeps drifting his dodge pickup around the neighbour hood. and the next house down that guy has three firebirds parked on the road only one insured. They keep the attention off me, I kinda fit in around here.

I give a gift certificate and bottle of wine to all my close neighbors for Christmas so they don’t call the cops or fire department on me.

Last edited:
I have been especially irritating lately as I have been drilling my own well. More like hydro vacuuming a shallow well with pvc. I have two noisy air compressors running almost constantly. With the water table at 15 feet below my yard I had to. I have one well in and am working on a second At 25ft. the legal limit unless you want to get permits.

B22E8696-B563-4553-A2A8-54545A740138.jpeg

The drill.
3FE3B601-6C78-4A94-9AE7-555FCD000E27.jpeg

The mess I made on my patio. Langford potatoes they call this, rocks my yard is made of.
4BC40623-D3F2-4A3F-BCD1-CF056E47AB20.jpeg

One of the big ones I shot out of the pipe.

My method is a spin off of this.
https://www.drillyourownwell.com/

I have been especially irritating lately as I have been drilling my own well. More like hydro vacuuming a shallow well with pvc. I have two noisy air compressors running almost constantly. With the water table at 15 feet below my yard I had to. I have one well in and am working on a second At 25ft. the legal limit unless you want to get permits.

View attachment 1610171
The drill.
View attachment 1610170
The mess I made on my patio. Langford potatoes they call this, rocks my yard is made of.View attachment 1610172
One of the big ones I shot out of the pipe.

That is fxxxing awesome; nice work. Been thinking of rigging up my 11hp pressure washer to put in a well at my place too. I'm at 18m elevation. Water table is at 12m. Sick of paying for water for my gardens.

https://www.drillyourownwell.com/
This is how my method works it’s a little different than that.

I got 40ft of pvc In my case I started with 2 inch wich worked well but some rocks were too big so I upgraded to 3 inch.
F2172B80-8E69-46F8-BE35-E1A6849A8396.jpeg

I cut it into 5 foot lengths with threaded couplers.
D2101475-FC3B-48CD-8B86-7943D4017252.jpeg

On the drill head I went with a steel coupler with teeth cut into it. two feet up from the drill teeth I put a coupler To attach my air hose fitting.
C852D225-FDFB-4589-A926-68ED2897F0ED.jpeg

At the top you have a 90 to direct the rocks and water away.
C898CDD5-5483-4BDE-96B8-1B4343FBD09A.jpeg

Haha and when you turn the air on it all comes jetting out!

Not fast drilling but sure is fun. Will try to upload a video. Happy to show any of you guys how to.

26667697-8496-4556-A547-80D197A4D3CA.jpeg

FREE WATER!

Last edited:
Damn dude...thats something. I've used a shop vac for digging fence post holes, but you've gone next level...:lol:

I actually found a dug well out back a couple months ago that I didn't know about. My hair brained scheme will be how to get the water out without running power out there

Not that I have a shortage of water for irrigation :grinpimp:

Damn dude...thats something. I've used a shop vac for digging fence post holes, but you've gone next level...:lol:

I actually found a dug well out back a couple months ago that I didn't know about. My hair brained scheme will be how to get the water out without running power out there

Not that I have a shortage of water for irrigation :grinpimp:

How Solar Well Pumps Work | 101 | RPS Solar Well Pumps

Probably more than you want to spend knowing as much as i do about you. Which isent much but that I do know. haha.

Real low pressure. But you can get a decent flow when the sun shines. Not bad if it’s planted in the middle of your garden or just filling up a holding tank.

Last edited:
Can't remember if I replied to this thread... I'm more of a vulture. I've picked the bones of many dead corpses. The one closest to living was the 45 that had no frame, trans, T-case, and a Swiss cheese body before I started cutting. In '94 if wasn't considered as anything. These days I've seen worse being fixed.

That's awesome. Been slowly planning out a rain catchment system/area for future garden. I'll have to see what you're doing for filtering.
We put in a cistern that collects from the gutters last year. The rdn had grants available if you put one in. There were grants for lots of things on the website, you just had to apply early in the year as only so many per were available. Vic might have the same? Think we got $750 bucks towards the setup. Not bad for a few pieces of paper and some pictures. Worth a look.
To use it for potable, you can build a first flush diverter pretty easily...eventually I'll have it plumbed to all the outside hose bibs, and maybe the toilets. Eventually :lol:

Real cool guys, lets just steal water like Nestle. Just kidding, thats F-ING AWESOME! Now I want one.

When I built my mom and dads house, we looked into the cistern tank and it made no sense for them as they have a well that provides 6 gallons per minute.. In hind site with a roof that is covering 2500 square feet, would provide water to fill my moms pond that is the size of a swimming pool..:meh:

I parted out at least 8 trucks from Japan, my poor BJ60 frame is so rotten it its starting to crack by the rear leaf spring might be next in line. Body is far beyond repair and that is why the owner sold it to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom