how manny cruisers have you murdered for parts? :( (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

stevebradford

In the shop
Threads
The woman and I were driving and talking about how we hadent passed another 60 or 40 on the road in months. I said it's probably because they are all rusting out. But then I thought about it and I have murdered two 60s and one 40 for parts for my two landcruisers. No wonder they are disappearing! I'm sure I will murder more in the future too... Trust me every time I buy a rusted out cruiser neglected and abused by the previous owner it's sad to destroy it. I want to save them all, I can't think of a vehicle I would rather drive than my 40! :)

Only one...ish (it's debatable. ), but there's remnants of at least a dozen in my shed.

Every time you see an axle housing, a tranny,or any other major part you know wasn't purchased separately, it means a cruiser died.

An alarming number of them have gone south too.

Lost track of HJ61s from Japan I parted for drivetrain..couple BJ74s, lots of BJ60s, rolled HDJ81s 1, only parted 1 BJ42. We used to get a lot of LJ owners frustrated and sold for parts.

Me and JJ sold two basket case FJ45 that were restored to new condition....:beer::beer::beer::beer: One of them the box fell off when getting pulled up onto the tow truck, frame broke in half, no floors in the cab..roof pretty much all rotted.:confused:

Tried once with a very rusty BJ70... Didn't have the heart to do it, the thing just wanted to live to bad. Patched it up and sold it to a friend. He's put 20k+ km on it and has it on every run we have now. :beer:

My front disc axle came from one that had been written off in an almost head on.

Frame from a carcass at 'Millstream Auto Wrecking'.

Rear axle from a 45 that had a frame that was cracked in half... that's the only one that I finished off. It had no trans and transfercase. The frame had collapsed behind the cab on the drivers side.

To be fair, none of those were complete or driving when you got them. Someone else technically murdered them. You were really more of a vulture lol

This is true... the first 40 "may" have drove although it never did... the other two where dead without question.

I'm now back at 0 cruisers murdered :)

Haven't murdered any cruisers yet... Mazda Rx-7, Merkur Xr4ti, Thunderbird Turbocoupe on the other hand I have murdered into the double digits XD

I'll use Toshi's defence. The 45 I redistributed parts from was already dead. The frame was confetti, the box could be folded like Orgami, John Barron got the cab and bits, the engine was a smoking 2F, and the Trans & T-case were never in my possession.

Still have the front axle and some spare parts, but I'm lucky it didn't fall apart on the road when it was being towed home.

Killed another one
IMG_0876.JPG

85B07A5C-4D65-41EA-9BBE-7DE2DA8F01C9.jpeg
4FEC6E29-E234-4EBF-B74D-C8B61DBB9571.jpeg
Another one... to be fair all I did was kick this one while it was down. Someone else killed it well before me. It will work well for my axle project.

It was basically assisted suicide is what you're saying.

If it takes three to make one I'm all for it. Better than seeing these machines die off altogether.

My first was a 1977 soa 40. MIA
Then a 1980 soa bj60. dropped precup but I had bought a hole parts truck for its 5 speed. Stole the axles for my new 1983 bj60. Then the landlords kicked me out so I had the crusher come crush everything I had minus my 83 bj. Then I was driving like a douch bag and rolled it. Drove it until I received a VI, but I managed to snap a crank shaft before my VI inspection. Bought another bj60 For a much needed roof and engine. I chopped the roof off and swapped motors.

Then theres my new BJ60.

But I think thats only 3 that I have murdered for parts.

2-but only one that was premeditated, a 67 LV I lent it to somebody for a while who lent it to somebody else who didn't know what a dipstick was for and put a rod through the side of the block. Sat in my yard a couple years then it went to the crusher about 1995
67 FJ45LV (Medium).jpg

And a 1978 45 LPB that is still being cannibalized. I drove it onto the trailer when I bought it but she was a little rough to say the least. The guy I bought it from had a snow plow on it for plowing a yard full of trucks and heavy equipment. He said when it was -40 it was the only thing in the yard that would still start.
78 FJ45 (Medium).JPG

I don't consider my Dad's LV murder, because, although I tortured the hell out of it during my teen years, it didn't actually die :D. Not a very good picture but taken on top of Mt. Finlayson about 1977
Mt Finlayson 3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom