Hood vents (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That there is funny now...I dont care who you are...

Just leaving the wheel wells open on my 45 made a huge difference. Driverside mostly, because thats the side the fan pushes the majority of air to. Dropped temps 10 degrees. I run a single 16" Spal fan on a custom shroud.

SPAL brand fans are the $**T! The high output 16 inch fan can move some air...quality made too.

I used half hood hinges under the cowl-side of hood hinge to space the rear of my hood up another 3/8 or so. I can feel tons of heat pouring out the back of hood when the engine is warm and running, seems to help with underhood temps....minor body line disturbance, no cutting.

I used half hood hinges under the cowl-side of hood hinge to space the rear of my hood up another 3/8 or so. I can feel tons of heat pouring out the back of hood when the engine is warm and running, seems to help with underhood temps....minor body line disturbance, no cutting.

any difference in engine operating temps?

I do think the "hood vents" would certainly assist in getting rid of underhood high temps...

I think its an old hot rod trick to space the hood a little bit to get a gap for venting.

Recently sold a good FJ40 hood and ended up with the bad hood. Its rusted badly at the leading edge, but the vent louvers are fine. I can cut them out if anyone wants them. How about $40 for the pair and work + actual shipping. The support braces on the inside of the hood are in good shape if anyone needs those. Another $40 + shipping. Hope someone can use these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom