Homecamp? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone in USA ever order from Quality Goods For The Outdoors | Homecamp - https://homecamp.com.au/ ?

If so, what did you get and how did it go? I've never purchased anything from Australia. With regard to payment, Orders will be processed in Australian Dollars (AUD). We currently do not accept payments in other currencies. I take this to mean that if I checkout for say $500 AUD, my credit card will convert the payment and charge me ~$335 USD (plus exchange fee)?

Haven't shopped there. Some foreign companies allow you to buy in your local currency but my experience has been USD -> to local currency -> back to USD and I got double foreign transaction fees. They make you think it will be convenient but they are setting you up for a double-dip foreign transaction fees. So I always buy in the local currency. If you have a Costco credit card, there are no foreign transaction fees. Otherwise, yes, you'll be charged in AUD, converted to USD at your credit card's exchange rate and there is a foreign transaction fee. My experience with buying from OZ is that if it fits within the Australian Post overseas size limit, they can ship it. Otherwise they may not want to deal with it. I've had good experience with www.drifta.com.au. Small stuff. If there is something you like, see if the brand has a U.S. sales agent.

Thanks. I do have the Costco card.

I like their Tripolina/Fenby chairs. As far as I can tell they are not sold in the USA. The Chama Vaquero is an alternative but the Homecamp one looks better made. There is supposedly an American chair but info is sparse and I'm not sure if it is still available. I have an e-mail in. I think I still prefer the look of the Homecamp one.

I’ll throw Snow Peak in the ring for this style chair, but yeah, that Homecamp one looks burly.

I’ve ordered a snorkel from Australia, and the giant box arrived in fine condition FWIW.

Anyone in USA ever order from Quality Goods For The Outdoors | Homecamp - https://homecamp.com.au/ ?

If so, what did you get and how did it go? I've never purchased anything from Australia. With regard to payment, Orders will be processed in Australian Dollars (AUD). We currently do not accept payments in other currencies. I take this to mean that if I checkout for say $500 AUD, my credit card will convert the payment and charge me ~$335 USD (plus exchange fee)?
I'm from Canada, but I've ordered many things from many Australian businesses. On the website it has a 'contact us'. Try that.
They are solely mail order so I'm sure they will ship to USA but send them a note and ask. They don't care what credit card you
use so long as it's valid. And yes, you will be billed in Aus dollars, so it will be less in US dollars when you get the bill. I've
generally requested Aus Post if given a choice, it's inexpensive they have superb tracking website. For big tents and stuff, chairs
etc I can only guess a courier would be used. There will be brokerage fees, and whatever your US taxes you incur.
Fees are generally reasonable, I've only had trouble with DHL with weird excessive fees. Just make sure they double check the
order before they send it, cause returns are a bitch.

I feel like this thread belongs in Expeditionportal.com as they seem to lean towards the finer way of camping. 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom