Home grown Twin Stick Pics (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Marlin Crawler ToyBox
:grinpimp:
web.jpg

Drool . . . So with marlin's box between a stock tranny and t-case, you loose the 2 low option?

I bought the 5/16 rod ends and threaded rod for the linkage, but im using 5/8 round stock for the levers, i thought his levers looked a little thin.

Drool . . . So with marlin's box between a stock tranny and t-case, you loose the 2 low option?

no, you have the same as stock, Plus the 2.28 or so that the second low range provides, And putting both in low multiplys them! ;)

I really like your twin stick set up and it gives me a bit of hope that I can copy and do the same.

I have a bit of concern about one of your components however and some thoughts. In the picture below I have highlighted an area that looks like it needs a bit more support. The welds are fine and pretty enough for an area that won't be seen, but it looks like a weak spot to me. I think you would be wise to fabricate a gusset for the backside of that strapping that spans the two pieces. You could also bend a piece of your left over round stock and weld it across that welded area. Does that make sense?

Of course your remaining option is to tell me to go fry ice. Cheers
twin stick.jpg

Last edited:
cant you get two low by just not locking your hubs? and I stupid?

yes but then you would have to stop and get out of your truck...

or tear your whole truck apart to do this........... hmmmmmmmmm.... guess I am lazy!

When you do a crawl box there is no reasonable way to make the stock shifter work so twin sticks is the easiest way.

With the stock shifter many people, as already mentioned here, have notched the shifter bracket to remove a tab that keeps the stock shifter from shifting the tcase into 2 low. This can be done by just removing the shift boot and using a hacksaw blade. I have also heard of people removing the bracket all together, or you could remove it, modify it and then reinstall it.

Like Poser said, 2 low is very useful. On rough hilly roads not requiring 4wd I use 2 low to bring the gear spread closer or when I have not engaged the hubs, 2wd with the locker works for lots of little stuff. I have a very steep driveway and use it often there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom