Holley Sniper returnless setup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone done the returnless Holley system? I’m probably going returnless on my 72 Z28 as there are plenty of ways to setup straight out of the box. Just not seeing that on the 76 FJ. The idea of retro on my current 1 yo tank sounds better if I could just have it all in the tank and no return. They call it the Muscle Car returnless.

Currently a Weber carb that I’ve never got set up right. I’m pretty sure this allows me to stop messing with fuel issues and move on to enjoying an engine that just starts and runs. Engine is in great shape with good compressions.

I guess I need to decide on an adapter from manifold to Sniper and then on what air cleaner. I don’t have my factory one. Already gone when I got the rig.

Time to check out Ebay #254216019493 without air cleaner, or Ebay #254216028718 with air cleaner.
That’s too easy. I’m going to miss the whole process of searching the internet, ordering the wrong stuff, etc.

Guess I’ll take that saved time and do the oil galley.

I don’t see an in-tank option I like so far with no return. I may be making this return thing more of a deal than it is. But it sure seams easier if I can use that Muscle Car mod.

edit. That order placed today was mine.

Last edited:
Seems like a decent idea. Looks like it uses the same regulator that comes inside the Sniper but it ends up in the tank instead.
For me, I'd have to consider a few things like, how much trouble is it to pull it out to change out a bad regulator. (not uncommon). Or, what brand pump would come with it. It seems that on the external pumps anyway, some of the guys here got different pumps. Some were quiet and some were noisy. Having one bad regulator myself, I like the idea of the higher quality remote regulator that has a return to the tank but one supply line to the Sniper. The system that wngrog uses is pretty cool also.
"Holley In Tank Returnless"

The muscle car version comes out the top and clips in with the standard ring. Pretty awesome since you don’t have to drill the tank. Doesn’t look like there is an option for our tanks. For my Camaro it’s going to be easy. Drop the tank, take off the old sender, put this in and run the wires. Pretty easy.

I keep going back and forth on whether to do the FJ or Z28 first. I’m tired of carbs on both. I ordered the package Downey posted and it already shipped. Now I’m committed.

Have a link?

Looks like those pumps are vehicle specific, direct fit, plug & play and the sender is even pre-calibrated. Not available for a 40 and I doubt they’ll ever be one from Holley. The Walbro pumps have a 1-year warranty also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom