Builds HJ75 Pick up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No worries Chappo if you guys own dirt bikes or surf boards bring them along as well. :)

Last edited:
Some posing shots of the HJ75 with Coffs Harbour break wall. The last pic shows the size of the playgrounds in the back ground.
Coffs 019.JPG
Coffs 016.JPG
Coffs 018.JPG
Coffs 023.JPG

Last edited:
:clap::clap::clap:ts Gorgeous. I so wish I had a 75. Jealous to the max :clap::clap::clap:

Got the splits mate with 14 ply Michelin XZR tyres. I do run splits when the terrain dictates. :)

@ozcrusier Whats the difference between split rims and other rims? Whats the benefits of it and is the split rims the rims that use tube?

I can give you a case where it wasnt beneficial, I could not get the damn things to balance on less than 16 oz on some of them.

Hi mate the splits are easy to repair in the bush as long as you carry a puncher repair kit and compressor. They have tubes and are normally a bias type truck tyres with heavy 8 to 14 ply side walls. 90% of landcruisers arrive in Australia with split rims but most people take them off and fit Sunraysia rims with tubeless radials for the road.

I picked up a low K 5 speed with overdrive that gives 10 gears in each range plus 4 in reverse will post some pics when I get time to fit.
It should cruise along around 2100 RPM at 110 right at the 12HT sweat spot for great fuel consumption. I picked up a old 18 foot pop top caravan that's been stored in a shed for 20 years to do some touring and on the trip home the 12ht was getting 13.9 liters to the hundred K. I'm hoping the overdrive will better these great numbers.
Stay tuned
CARAVAN 002.JPG

Nice looking caravan mate still need a video of your ute running.
After I get my next 4wd I'm going to get a teardrop camper trailer to go touring

Chappo
I'm wrapped mate 750 kilo tow ball weight, tare weight 1100, gross weight is 1660. I'm the 3rd owner now with the second spending well over 5 grand refitting with all new white goods etc etc. It's huge inside with nothing but a large bed lounge room and kitchen. Plenty off room to swing a cat.
Happy days :)

Can you take some photos of the interior of the caravan

The fairey 10 speed arrived so hopefully get it into the truck next weekend. I also picked up a spare transfer and fairey off the same bloke so I might build another spare with my old box. The gears and bearings are huge unlike the landrover type.
fairey overdrive 001.JPG
fairey overdrive 002.JPG
fairey overdrive 003.JPG
fairey overdrive 004.JPG

Last edited:
Well the fairey turned out to be a drama as it came from a hj75 troopy but wont fit my truck as the round chassis support is stopping it from going in :bang:
I called into my local hot rod fab shop and was met with no problems just cut it out fit the box and they will fab up a new cross brace to suit so a few more unanticipated bucks being spent.
The hugs and kissers was not real happy when I gave the news but life goes on in landcruiser heaven :)

The gearbox is fitted took all day but it's in with new oil hopefully the weather will stay fine so I can drill a hole for the extra shift plus get all the sound deadening carpet back in for work on Monday. :)

I'm happy with the overdrive on the HWY buy the gearbox is a screamer driving me nuts with a high pitch wine in 3,4,5 big shock as it's supposed to been rebuilt. Anyway like above she sits on 125 KPH at 2100 RPM so it's a keeper just need to strip her down again and replace bearings and seals in my old box as well as the overdrive transfer. :)

Thank you Marco 18 pages of info your a legend mate.
:beer:

fairey 008.JPG

As on the manual if anyone needs a copy let me know happy to send or hard copy in post.

Last edited:
Just read the whole thread oz! Love it! Up the 12H-T!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom