Hj61 rear brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. I got a spring kit to replace my drum brakes. I gave FJ62 as the model because Hj61s dont exist in their data base.

All the parts are correct as i thought excep the shoe hold down pins are too short.

Am i right in assuming that someone made a mistake putting together the kit? I had to use my old pins which are no good but they fit.

Should the Fj 62 brake kit be the same as Hj61. My manual shows it as being the same.

Thanks

20221230_145725.jpg

yes, what you got is not correct.

Are the hold down pins longer on the Hj61 than all the other landcruisers? I used carquest #17183 which lists even the HJ60 so i thought that it would be the same. Pins barely made it to the whole on the shoes.

No, that pin is the same on all Cruiser drum brakes 1980 and newer. Non-OEM parts are not always completely correct

I’ve had this problem. The hardware kits at NAPA, etc contain pins that are too short. My advice: Do not cut the spring to accommodate the short pin, as some suggest on UTube, etc.

Specter sells a kit that works: 081-17C-kit, I believe. It is not cheap ($10 USD per side) but the parts are very high quality, in my opinion.

Just buy OEM parts.

Just want to confirm, no difference between a semi float rear brake and full float rear brake?

I got all my stuff at Spector and it fit perfectly. I ordered a brake hardware kit and it even came with the parking brake wire that costs about $75 from Toyota.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom