HJ60 steering column switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hope you don’t mind me crashing your clubhouse section, but I really need some help finding a 24v steering column switch assembly (wipers/light switch) for my Nov ‘85 Canadian HJ60. I figured you guys would have the best idea of who might have one that they wouldn’t mind parting with. I need it to get back full functionality of my front windshield wipers. Anyways, if you guys know of one somewhere please let me know. Thanks!

In case I’m calling it the wrong part name (very likely) this is what I am looking for and is currently in my HJ60:
96BC9AC7-E755-4CB9-BD8A-7D1E165C2D36.jpeg

I believe it is a SOR replacement for a 12v FJ60 according to the tag. The wiper functions do not work on it.
I was able to get a 24v one from a RHD Japanese HJ60. When plugged in all the wiper functions worked, but the orientation of the switch assembly is backwards and doesn’t fit the steering column mounts.
06F86D70-3D52-4929-9F95-CC00B7B50740.jpeg

So I’m sure the actual wiper motor and relays all work, just need the right version steering column switch for my 85 HJ60.

I have been out of the used parts game for years...Steve at EBI will have that more than likely.

Jay parted one out, but I think he is in the same boat as me and have no where to store stuff so it likely got crushed.

If I have parts I like to trade with club members, been working out great.

Good luck.

You came to the right place, there are loads of hj and bj’s around here. I’m sure someone from this group @Diesel Cruiserman will have what you need. If not try these Canadian cruiser shops they part out rusted out cruisers and can get almost anything.

4wheel Auto Parts

Extremebends.com | Landcruiser Toyota Parts and EBI 4x4 Accessories

And this American one actually gets a bunch of diesel parts in.

CruiserParts.net, Toyota Landcruiser Parts
Thanks for those links, I will look I to those.

So this has to be 24V, correct?
I’m pretty sure it does. I was told there was a different part number for the steering column assemblies on the 24v trucks. The 12v one I currently have in there seems to be wired different for the wipers speeds and all that works is the intermittent wiper function....which doesn’t cut it during our rainy season.

I've got a couple of column assemblies but not sure of exactly where they came from. I understand the internal wiring
issue, even the overhead roof lights don't interchange 12-24. I'll look today.

I've got a couple of column assemblies but not sure of exactly where they came from. I understand the internal wiring
issue, even the overhead roof lights don't interchange 12-24. I'll look today.
Thanks for looking. I will try and find the correct Toyota part number for the 24v specific column assemblies.

Here's one of the switches that i found. I know i have another couple kicking around somewhere, I'll keep looking. Can't see why it would matter wether it was 12v or 24v, the switches don't recognize voltage and they're isn't any sort of resistive load... the motors they're controlling would do that. Someone else that's had them apart would possibly know why.
I'll have a closer look to see if there is a voltage stamp anywhere on it.

IMG_2860.JPG

Here's one of the switches that i found. I know i have another couple kicking around somewhere, I'll keep looking. Can't see why it would matter wether it was 12v or 24v, the switches don't recognize voltage and they're isn't any sort of resistive load... the motors they're controlling would do that. Someone else that's had them apart would possibly know why.
I'll have a closer look to see if there is a voltage stamp anywhere on it.

View attachment 1633347
You are correct, there shouldn’t be any voltage stamp on it. The way it was explained to me was the way the wiring for the Int, Low and Hi were configured on the wiper switch. But now that I think of it, that may be more year specific then 12/24v specific. All I really know is that my wipers only work on Intermittent setting and it was pouring rain the other day while driving. It was kinda dangerous, so I really need to figure this out before driving my 60 again.
Maybe your switch will work on mine. PM me a price if you are interested in selling it to me. Thanks.

Sorry, can't help.. I have two columns in pieces. The switches must have been tossed.

Have you compared a 24v schematic with a 12v schematic and see if there is any difference. Maybe it's just switching the pins on the actual connector.

Anybody come across a steering column assembly that would work in my HJ60? Still on the lookout for one, and it’s been raining like crazy here, so the 60 is parked till I can fix this. Let me know.

Have you compared a 24v schematic with a 12v schematic and see if there is any difference. Maybe it's just switching the pins on the actual connector.
I wish I would have taken some pictures of the inside of the switch, but it looks to be a bit more complicated then switching the pins around, which was definitely attempted. I will see if I can get it off the wheel tonight and get some pictures to show the difference between the spare JDM RH drive one I have (that works the wipers, but doesn’t fit a LH drive steering column) and the 12v Fj60 one that’s on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom