HIR Bulbs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cary said:
I'm really glad you able to find the link, I couldn't when I did a quick check. It is nice because it actually provides some good objective data.

Cary

Glad that's the one, we need it added to your FAQ. Funny thing though is Bill, the guy selling bulbs from ebay and now doing the group buy for us, sent it to me the same day you mentioned it. He's part of a BMW group and recommended it as some good reading on the subject.

Boston Mangler said:
Nice work setting up a group buy Safado!

I am wondering why the guy jacked up shippping costs though between the group buy and his ebay sales?

Umm, playind Devils Advocate here:

His group buy offers the bulbs @ $27 each for 2 bulbs plus $5.25 for shipping for up to 8 bulbs and $25 each if you buy 4 bulbs plus $5.25 shipping for up to 8 bulbs.

His ebay add sells them for $29.95 each plus $4 shipping for up to 8 bulbs.

Ebay Non Discounted Total Price = $33.95
Group Buy Total Price (buying 2 bulbs) = $32.25
Group Buy Total Price (buying 4 bulbs) = $30.25

Total Savings = $1.70 a bulb if you buy 2
Total Savings = $3.70 a bulb if you buy 4

Its still a savings of course but it annoys me when ebay sellers (and others) dont charge actual shipping costs and jack it up!

Sorry for the whining

:D

Put the pipe down :flipoff2:

Buying two(2) bulbs: $27 each x 2 + $5.25 S&H&I ==> $29.63 each

Buying four(4) bulbs: $25 each x 4 + $5.25 S&H&I ==> $26.32 each

shipped to your door. What are you whining about? :doh: :doh: :doh:

:flipoff2:

LabRat11 said:
UPDATE - - !!!!!!

Since the local Deere shop is a whopping 0.2 miles away from me here at work .... stopped by on the way home. Asked them to look up both part #'s from the FAQ. https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=11932 Near the bottom of section 5. Here's what I learned from them....

AH162232 - This is described as "BULB, HIR 9012". Cool - perfect - However, it's unavailable and discontinued. But that part # has been superseded by.....

AH211917 - This is described as "BULB, HIR 2". HIR 2 ???? I ask??? Friendly helpful parts guy assured me that they are an identical replacement part. Couldn't tell me the manufacturer (asked - hoped he would answer Toshiba - oh well). But he could pull up some technical diagrams. Visually they are just what I'm looking for. Now the good part - $28.50 each - plus a $2 ordering fee since they aren't an in stock item and need delivered. Decided to take a flier on them. The risk?? - - I'm committed to buying them sight unseen. They'll be here on Monday. I'll report back then.....

Now the trivia ... There are 620 of these bulbs left in the Deere parts network. Yes - there's some trimming and filing in the future. However, If you'd rather do a little rewiring the bulb sockets are also available. But since the bulb mod is an easy mod I'll do that. Also - any guesses on what Deere equipment these bulbs are used??? Combines and Harvesters

Just to make it totally clear - - If this works (which from everyone's experiences it should) this takes care of only the LOW BEAM. The high beam will need to be acquired elsewhere.

Time now to order that wiring harness from Slee......

UPDATE - - CONFIRMED

AH211917 is indeed the Deere part # to request. Stamped with Toshiba on the bulb socket. Bulb has the faint violet tinge of the coating.

Now for the slightly strange .... I ordered 4 bulbs (2 - 80's to upgrade). 2 came from the main warehouse in Moline, Ill. 2 came from a regional warehouse in Atlanta. All 4 have the correct part #, have the coating, and are stamped Toshiba. However, 2 are marked made in Japan. While 2 are marked made in China. The 2 from Japan came from Atlanta and were the last 2 in that warehouse. The 2 from China came from Moline where there are 600 or so left on the shelves... :confused: :confused: So, wonder if all these bulbs (like most things in the world) are now made in China.

Bottom line......

$28.50 X 4 = $114 + 5%tax = $119.70 + $2 delivery (non taxable) = $121.7 / 4 = $30.425 each. Not bad..... that is until Safado organized the group buy. :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :D

All's well though .... now for some bulb mods... :D

sjcruiser said:
Put the pipe down :flipoff2:

Buying two(2) bulbs: $27 each x 2 + $5.25 S&H&I ==> $29.63 each

Buying four(4) bulbs: $25 each x 4 + $5.25 S&H&I ==> $26.32 each

shipped to your door. What are you whining about? :doh: :doh: :doh:

:flipoff2:

OOOOPS, you are 100% correct, i added the shipping and handling to EACH bulb price, woops!

My bad!

Please disregard post #92, my aplogies!

Carry On! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom