Hilux diesels.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd rather have this one with an Om617...

1989 Toyota Hilux [u'Saanich'], Victoria

I'm developing a dislike for newer vehicles... and a dislike for working on older ones... can't win... it's a love hate relationship.

Last edited:
We can bring in the early common rail diesel (D4D) hiluxes now (15 year old rule). Like this one for example: Toyota Hi-Lux 2.5D-4D ( Alarm ) 270 EX 2003MY A/C CREW CAB | eBay Works out to $7800CAD before shipping/fees etc. Reminds me of the third gen 4runner and early Tacoma, which are excellent trucks. Looks like they have mostly the 2KD-FTV (2.5l) motor which is good but under powered. It's the 1KD-FTV (3.0l) that has lots of power, not sure when they started using it in the UK. This one has really low mileage (38,000miles), but a little more spendy: 2003 Toyota Hilux 2.5 270 VX 4dr | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

Pfffffft....4 doors. Of course, just my opinion. :p

I'd rather have this one with an Om617...

1989 Toyota Hilux [u'Saanich'], Victoria

I'm developing a dislike for newer vehicles... and a dislike for working on older ones... can't win... it's a love hate relationship.

I hear you on both levels, but a least we can fix our trucks..my daughters VW has an engine light on and I have no reader to see whats up. Frustrating.

I hear you on both levels, but a least we can fix our trucks..my daughters VW has an engine light on and I have no reader to see whats up. Frustrating.
I have an OBDII reader if that's what you need. I will also be in Nanaimo tomorrow afternoon.

bought the new 2018 Hilux Diesel 6spd automatic with leather interior, first tank 8.4kilometers to liter. Good power, warranty. Love it
Don't have to work on it. Didn't get paid yet for FZJ80 and parts are disappearing off it at tow yard. Bienvenidos a Mexico

bought the new 2018 Hilux Diesel 6spd automatic with leather interior, first tank 8.4kilometers to liter. Good power, warranty. Love it
Don't have to work on it. Didn't get paid yet for FZJ80 and parts are disappearing off it at tow yard. Bienvenidos a Mexico

So how about some pictures, inside and out. Curious to see it. What's the exact model you bought?

not sure how to upload pics, it’s an SRV with a D4D common rail turbo 4cyl , 2.8l, no emissions just a muffler. 6spd auto. We just picked up a 6spd manual from the dealer Wednesday and my son is driving it up to Washington, he’s getting 25mpg at 80-90mph on first few tanks.

Great truck and great place to hang out..One of my favourite holiday spots

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom