High pitch whistle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all I got a high pitch whistle that is coming from the front left corner I think. It only happens when I am moving. I can hear it when I drive bye a building or car. It is constant. Any ideas?
Thanks

Vacuum hoses cracked? Stumble in acceleration?

deer whistle :eek:

I had a whistle like that when my Cruiser was new to me. It turned out to be the side-view mirror housing. The two halves of the housing were not fully snapped together for some reason, allowing a gap in the seam to cause the whistle. I found a little tab that needed to pushed in and that did the trick.

Thanks guys. Not near as bad as the video. Only can here it driving bye some thing. Think I will take it to les schwab have them check it out. They put new ones in a couple years ago. How fast do brakes wear?

Last edited:
I had a similar thing with my Tacoma. It didn't sound quite like brake squeal I'd heard before. I only heard it when I had the window open and went by buildings or walls. However, in desperation I finally looked at the brakes and sure enough they were worn to nothing. Replaced the pads and the sound was gone. It's easy enough to check, just pull off the front wheel and look at the pads. You shouldn't even have to remove them.

Also, if you don't add brake fluid periodically, just look at your brake fluid reservoir. If it's pretty low, the pads are probably in need of replacement.

Deer Whistles.jpg

Turbo I wish. No deer horn things. I can only hear it when the window is down so no to seals.

Well I took the tire off to check the brakes. They looked good. I looked all around for any crap stuck in there and nothing. Put the tire back on and still have the sound.

I ended up taking it to my local Les Schwab to have them look for the sound. It ended up being a caliper that was dragging on the wheel. It was actually on the passenger inside of the tire. So from my window it sounded like the front left. The brakes were past the 3 year warranty but Les Schwab still fixed it free of charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom