High CO emissions loaded (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks I'm a bit stumped on why I keep getting a high CO reading when ever the engine is under load ~30 mph per Arizona Emissions test. Here are the numbers

HC Loaded: 48 Allowed: 220
HC Idle: 49 Allowed: 220

CO Loaded: 5.50 Allowed: 1.20
CO Idle: 0.55 Allowed 1.20

As you can see all the other values are well within the allowed limits, suggesting to me that most of my emissions system is working, however I keep failing the Loaded CO test.

I am guessing that the problem is very specific since only this one value seems to be affected. The Loaded CO value (5.50) is 10 x the Idle CO value (0.55). what is happening when I go from idle to 30 mph?

Is it a stuck power valve in the carb? The cruiser did sit for a few years until about a month ago when I revived it.

and the vacuum advance on the distributor is not working. Is that something that could specifically cause the High CO values under load?

The smog pump is blowing air, though it feels a bit weak. But if it were a smog pump or air injection problem wouldn't all my other values be elevated as well.

and if my catalytic converter was bad wouldn't the other smog values be high?

I would greatly appreciate some advice/guidance from someone who knows more about this that I do.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom